What's new

A few night shots, C & C please?

VanWanderlust

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, new to the forum. Got my first DSLR about 2 months ago and eager to advance into the world of photography. I took these photos at the resort I work at last night. Had the light of the full moon to help but it was a little cloudy. Any advice on making that moon look better would be greatly appreciated! Shooting with a Canon 60D kit 18-135mm lens. Thanks for any input you have, looking forward to getting to know you all :)

$IMG_3798b.webp

$IMG_3827b.webp

$IMG_3840b.webp

$IMG_3860b.webp
 
Actually pretty damned good. I love the mood and such.

You might want to watch your white balance (assuming it was not intentional).

For some general tips on night photography, check the link in my sig.
 
One does not "advance" in the world of photography, you can only learn and apply your knowledge.
 
Love the first one. Would put a bit more exposure on those plants, maybe - but I am just looking for mistakes here, i guess :]
 
nice work for a begginer. many people have the chance to try their talents nowadays. When I was a kid only my grandpa was having a camera in the whole town.
 
I really like them. I love the warm colours.
 
Thank you all so much for the nice comments!, I think I got a little lucky! Probably why I finally had the guts to go ahead and post something on here!

Actually pretty damned good. I love the mood and such. You might want to watch your white balance (assuming it was not intentional). For some general tips on night photography, check the link in my sig.

Manaheim, to be quite honest I just had the white balance on auto the whole night. Im getting a solid feel for manipulating the shutter speed, aperture and ISO however I need to get a better feel for using a proper white balance as well as metering mode. The link you have for night shots is fantastic, thank you for all the great info there. As you stress, I really look forward to start shooting in raw more... take care of that white balance factor :)


One does not "advance" in the world of photography, you can only learn and apply your knowledge.

I feel ya... semantics, but wise words none the less. I'd glady replace my "advance" with "learn and apply myself."

Love the first one. Would put a bit more exposure on those plants, maybe - but I am just looking for mistakes here, i guess :]

Sektabrand, I'm curious when you say you might expose the cacti a little more, what exactly do you mean? A longer exposure when taking the shot... or something after the fact in photoshop, affecting just the cacti? I'm new to photoshop as well, so not sure if that part of my question even makes sense...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom