A cold day in D.C.
4309566030_846b3e5a7d_o.jpg

2009 Maryland State Fair
3897547613_5cb618a4a9_b.jpg

Jesse the Dog
Jesse_by_chriswellner.jpg

D.C. Metro Station
3795524809_1611723e02_b.jpg

Harpers Ferry, W. Va. (w/ a bit of bootleg HDR)
Tracks_HDR_black_and_white_by_chriswellner.jpg

and an old wall in Harpers Ferry, W. Va. (w/ a touch of green)
Old_Wall_by_chriswellner.jpg

The second to last one is my favorite. Very nice photo.

I'm liking the train in the tunnel - particularly the front of it with the slight motion blur, looks very effective. Where was your focus point? Are the pillars on the left side too dark................can't make my mind up..................?

I'm liking the train in the tunnel - particularly the front of it with the slight motion blur, looks very effective. Where was your focus point? Are the pillars on the left side too dark................can't make my mind up..................?

Focus point is whatever AF grabbed. I just got off that train and when it started rolling I turned and snapped a pic. I'm lucky it was in focus at all.

Focus point is whatever AF grabbed.

LOL - just trying to bottom some focusing issues out in another thread!!

In #3, you missed the most important aspect of the photo. The people.:D

In the last 3, I have to give you an A for impact and composition, but a much lower grade for the extreme contrast.

#5 is my personal fav since it was obviously the most difficult to get.

Chris
I would think that #5 is tough because of lighting, and movement of the train.

You definitely have a good eye, maybe even 2 of them. ;)

Chris
I would think that #5 is tough because of lighting, and movement of the train.

You definitely have a good eye, maybe even 2 of them. ;)

Yes, that! It would have been nice even if the train was at a stand still. The movement just adds to it. I also like the square format. Nice touch!

I really like the last of your first series and I think the addition of this "dirty green" adds to it. I quite like the effect.
And the metro stations of Washington DC just ASK you to take photos in them, don't they? When we had our TPF Meet-Up in DC in April 2006, I couldn't but take photos in those stations, too! :D But I don't think I ever took the time to convert any of those into B&W... Maybe I should work with existing photos a lot more...?!?!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back