A few of my best shots from the past many months

FreshFromTheGrave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevenolver.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
too many pictures and not too much time for critique... anyway... some I like more some I like less ;)

others will tell more

I liked the panorama and the two Eiffel Tower images the most. Thanks for posting!

Pano for me and almost Cardiff City Hall - would have liked that one better head on.

great set. first and last shot seem very out of place and not up to par.

I like the Louvre pyramids, it shows some personal vision and differs from Louvre that I have seen hundreds of times.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone :) Glad to see everyone likes/dislikes different photos ;)

Pano for me and almost Cardiff City Hall - would have liked that one better head on.
If you mean the way the fountain doesn't line up with the door then I agree! It's one of those things you somehow miss on the day and only realise later. Completely annoys me that I didn't get it bang on central.

great set. first and last shot seem very out of place and not up to par.
It wasn't meant as a set though they're just random picks ;) I just happen to take a lot of photos of landmarks! I Do agree the last one is the weakest though, but I'm quite fond of my spider shot :) With a 50mm 1.8 would you believe! (It's cropped - a lot).

The Cardiff City Hall shot was absolutely stunning. Did you post-process/filter the shot? If so, what did you do to it? And was it with the 50mm? Sorry for the questions :p

I really loved these shots. Especially the spider, the Cardiff, and the panorama. The last one I didn't really see much in it, you can do better.

The Cardiff City Hall shot was absolutely stunning. Did you post-process/filter the shot? If so, what did you do to it? And was it with the 50mm? Sorry for the questions :p

I really loved these shots. Especially the spider, the Cardiff, and the panorama. The last one I didn't really see much in it, you can do better.

Thanks! They're all post processed in Lightroom though. The biggest thing I did to all these is set the highlights to -100, the shadows to +100 and readjust the whites up and blacks down from there. When shooting RAW this brings back a HUGE amount of detail, almost HDR range. It's a trick I only recently picked up and it's made a massive difference to some of my images. After that it's a few Lightroom graduated filters for skies and channel curve tweaks, saturation and lightness adjustments where necessary to really make skies pop. I usually just go through each panel in Lightroom and play around to see what works for me.

All of these except the spider were taken with a bog standard 18-55 IS kit lens. The Cardiff shot had a neutral density filter in front of it but I'm not sure it needed it and it caused a lot of really bad chromatic aberration which Lightroom managed to sort out luckily.

Here's a before of the Cardiff shot: quite unremarkable without post! (also left my bag in the shot... :blushing: Photoshop the the rescue!)

$Cardiff City Hall.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back