A few of my favourite things...

esszeeeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shamelessly shoot mostly on Auto, but after assessing my first year,its not all bad,some shots and links to share..and I'm gonna give up the habit soon ....

FISH

DSC02804.jpg

CATS

DSC05607.jpg

COWS

DSC05972.jpg

Insecure ?

Feeling bad about being bad at Manual Settings..? :blushing:

http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/4-reasons-not-to-write-off-shooting-in-automatic/

:hail: (I love this woman ! ) :heart:

Aperture made easy as pie :D

http://digital-photography-school.c...ngs-understanding-aperture-a-beginners-guide/

If you are not a well educated Pro,this will explain much without letting you feel like a ya need a macro lens to find your brain...:sexywink:

Oh,and check out the New Mentoring program,found here-

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125099

-got accepted by someone whose work I admire :lmao:

If there twerent those hotspots on those there cows - fantastic. That fish would've made a fabulous macro, especially considering its translucence.

ANDS!,
I see what you mean,did not think about macro,at the time.
-the light had become very strong while I was wandering around a lake,but had not compensated for it.Too excited by a rare whole day to shoot..steadied down a bit after breakfast.

Perhaps this is the better shot of the two-have a hard time choosing shots/seeing what is wrong-

DSC05977.jpg

Which of these would you pick ?

Lakeside 1
DSC06006.jpg

Lakeside 2

DSC06010.jpg

I like the second cow shot better than the first, but that is a personal opinion.

I really like the cat picture as well, it is interesting.

Neither of the lake pictures catch my interest. I feel like they are a little flat.

The first cow shot is great. Nice crisp lines and colors.

Thanks,guys,suggestions for improving those lakes ones ?
-and please don't say...

Originally Posted by Alpha
Well you're either lighting wrong, shooting wrong, or processing wrong.

Killer quote !

Feeling bad about being bad at Manual Settings..?

i honestly dont know how to use anything other than manual. i was teaching my mom how to use the auto setting, then realised i didnt know either

i love the one with the cows! but i wish the sky was more blue, to contrast with the cows

50two,

Thanks,will mess with the sky and see what I get.

-you were lucky to start like that-I got thrown in-had to get the shot-quickly,so no time to mess around,auto,or forget it !

The link bacically says,move onto Auto when YOU are ready,not from peer presure,gives some nice links to getting the basics down.

Now,I'm trying to educate myself,Law of Thirds,composition rules...and thought that link might be good for another beginner-wish I'd found it,a year ago,when at the mercy of well-meaning advice that had my head spinning.

I do compete quite well with my Bros and their DSLRs,because they never did the groundwork,so they can't really tell what they did wrong/right in a photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back