A few of my wife...

shadowlands

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I shot these a few years back when I was first starting out. Thought I'd share a few...

46330561064_b571f303dd_o.jpg
Maria2013a.JPG
2019-02-05_11-01-52.jpg

Nice pictures but the second illustrates a common issue with relatively short focus lenses being used for full length portraits.
There is a markedly different perspective from shoulder height to feet height.

NB, we are looking across at shoulders and head and down at the tops of her feet.
A longer focal length lens would minimize this kind of perspective issue.

upload_2019-5-1_20-54-55.png

Last edited:
Nice pictures but the second illustrates a common issue with relatively short focus lenses being used for full length portraits.
There is a markedly different perspective from shoulder height to feet height.

NB, we are looking across at shoulders and head and down at the tops of her feet.
A longer focal length lens would minimize this kind of perspective issue.

View attachment 172420
These are from back in 2013 or 2014 when I was first practicing with portraits. Just sharing because I finally located these files and I'm happy I did.

My technique, skills, etc... weren't tuned in yet, when I shot these. I just think my wife's beautiful and I'm sharing these images from a few years back.
They were missing in my PC forever. Ha! Finally found them.

Maria2013c.JPG
Maria2013b.JPG

Nothing wrong with thinking your wife is beautiful and wanting to show her off.

I remember back when you posted DHS, it was probably at my peak of participation in this forum. It was not too long after you had arrived here as I recall that these were posted. I'm glad you finally re-located the files.

I remember back when you posted DHS, it was probably at my peak of participation in this forum. It was not too long after you had arrived here as I recall that these were posted. I'm glad you finally re-located the files.
Thanks Derrel. I am glad as well. I was mad at myself for misplacing files. But I dug around external hard drives, etc... and boom!

I am no pro, but I see no problem with the perspective. And your wife is beautiful. Nice legs and smile!

Most reactions

Back