A few of the fireworks

Netskimmer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We're probably going to see lots of these over the next few days, here is my contribution. This was my first attempt and I had some technical problems and wasn't in the best location so most of mine were useless. These are the best ones of the bunch.

_DSC0793.jpg

_DSC0794.jpg

_DSC0775.jpg

_DSC0760.jpg

_DSC0755.jpg

they're all a little oof

I find the smoke a bit distracting. And the colors, not the light is a bit understated. Up the saturation?

Yeah, they're all slightly out of focus so the detail is lost. And I agree that the smoke gets in the way.

Not sure what I can do about the smoke (there was too much illumination from ground sources) but I can boost the saturation and try to do some sharpening in post.

All oof. Those would all get a swift kick to the recycle bin/trash on my computer, if they would actually make it off my camera.

Edit: Felt bad about not giving a positive to go with my negative. Advice time.... Don't shoot at 2.8, shoot at f/8-f/11 and run the shutter longer.

Knew they weren't very good, I have no experience with photographing fireworks and was in a bad local and had tech difficulties with my new cable release. Just wonted to get some feedback so I could improve my next attempt. Thanks for the advice Geaux, I will try mid range apertures and longer shutter times in my next attempt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back