What's new

A few photos of my greyhound for C&C please

MaxJ

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 24, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
3
Location
London
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys!

I'm fairly new here and took a few photos of my greyhound, Bella today. Any C&C at all would be really appreciated. Thanks!



Bella 1 by MaxCJ, on Flickr


Bella 2 by MaxCJ, on Flickr


Bella 3 by MaxCJ, on Flickr


Bella 4 by MaxCJ, on Flickr
 
I really like number 1 - well I like anything that has to do with dogs

on #4 I think having her nose in focus would been nicer, but that is my opinion
 
I don't get the close up shots of the eye.
 
Thanks for the replies guys - appreciate it.

ceejtank- I'm not a huge fan of that photo myself, but my brother said it was his favourite so I figured I'd pop it up in case other people liked it.

Any more feedback would be awesome.
 
Beautiful dog, I like 1 & 4 particularly. The close up of the eyes doesn't do it for me either. We just lost our greyhound a week ago. They are great dogs enjoy Bella to the fullest.
 
#1 is the pick. I like the contrast between the head and the background, but I would like to see her ears forward rather than back. sometimes all it takes is a little clicker or something to make a small sound.
 
Thank you for the reply and sorry to hear about your greyhound. They really are great dogs and I'm sure yours will be deeply missed.
 
# 4, deeper DOF so the nose and eyes are in focus would improve it, very good already.
# 1 is awesome!
 
Thanks for all the advice guys. Will remember what you've said about trying to get the nose in focus too for next time I take some shots of her.
 
Like number 1...not a fan of 4. To me the focus doesn't seem right because it looks like the dog's head is just floating, unattached to the body.
 
Bella seems overexposed in the images provided. The composition seems off on all the images to me. would have loved to see the ears on the 2nd and 3rd shot since you had plenty of space to include them in. The 4th one would have been great with a smaller aperature. The background is soo blurred it literally looks like the head was chopped off. Also, there are multiple points in images 2 and 4 where the rubber floor mat is in focus. Not sure what is going on there...
 
Cheers guys, I see what you're saying about the floating head - will keep that in mind for next time. Smaller aperture would solve that and the blurry nose problem.


SimO - I know what you mean with composition on 2 and 3, still getting used to my 50mm prime and was on the trampoline with not a lot of room. Thanks for the feedback - appreciate it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom