A few pics from Civil War Days- c&c welcome

cardinals1970

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are 5 pics from a Civil War event

1. Probably should have got a little more of the canon in focus but I still like it.

canon.jpg

2. Would have love to get a shot from the other end of the canon but for safety reason they wouldn't let me when they were firing the canon

canon4.jpg

3. Probably should have had a little more room to the right of the canon instead of the left or maybe a different angle?

canon2.jpg

ammocart.jpg

canon3.jpg

Not too bad for what they are. Might have been nice to get some more intersting angles on the cannons, including maybe some macro shots with strong graphic composition.

IMO, if the photos are to tell a story of the civil war era they should all be B&W images. Overall these are pretty good, nicely exposed etc... i think #1 is my favorite of the bunch

When I clicked the link I was hoping for some old photos :(

But anyways got anymore of 2? I think that one has the most potential.

Try backing off your subject a bit. Most of your images are clipping the subject, or framing it right on the very edge of the image. Also, yes, in general, if your subject is pointing in a direction, it's best to leave some space in the direction it's pointing (facing). Otherwise you are pointing the viewer right out of the image.

Symmetrical shots, like #1 need to be symmetrical. Leaving it slighty off looks sloppy.

BTW, did you take any more pics of the people in costume?

Try backing off your subject a bit. Most of your images are clipping the subject, or framing it right on the very edge of the image. Also, yes, in general, if your subject is pointing in a direction, it's best to leave some space in the direction it's pointing (facing). Otherwise you are pointing the viewer right out of the image.

Symmetrical shots, like #1 need to be symmetrical. Leaving it slighty off looks sloppy.

BTW, did you take any more pics of the people in costume?

Not sure I fully understand the symmetrical thing but I'll do a google search and see if I can get a better understanding.

I got some in costume but not a lot cause it was towards the end of the event and most had already left. Was trying to get there earlier but both my cars were broken into that morning and it took the local police forever to show up and do the reports. I'll have to check and see how they turned out haven't gone thru all the shots yet.

When I clicked the link I was hoping for some old photos :(

But anyways got anymore of 2? I think that one has the most potential.

I'll have to finish looking thru them and see what I got

IMO, if the photos are to tell a story of the civil war era they should all be B&W images. Overall these are pretty good, nicely exposed etc... i think #1 is my favorite of the bunch

I will change them all to B&W once I get to really editing them. I can also handle the nicely exposed comment being that most I have done in the past have either been over or under exposed. Taking in to account the event was held during the hottest part of the day in pretty much open fields with no shade.

Most reactions

Back