A few recent HDR's

Brick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There's not much activity in this forum but as HDR is my photography tool-of-choice, I figured I'd try to do my part to liven it up a bit. Here are a few shots I've taken recently, C&C welcome

All taken with a d90 and Sigma 10-20mm, processed with Photomatix and Photoshop.

As a matter of discussion, what programs do you all use for HDR noise reduction? Until recently I used nothing, but I downloaded the Topaz DeNoise trial and used it on a few of these shots and relized how necessary it is. I've tried out the noiseware trial as well with good results.

4340005430_bf3e8920c0_b.jpg

4378110976_161ec16eb0_b.jpg

4339257325_1d43ce9a6d_b.jpg

4286489119_2c1be2b528_b.jpg

Last edited:
I am feelin your pix! Especially the last one (not sure about the wood/deck on the right corner) ...great stuff! :thumbup:

All looking really good, you obviously have a good handle on making a realistic but yet interesting looking HDR photo.

(not sure about the wood/deck on the right corner)

*sigh* yeah that's my least favorite part of that picture as well. I had thought about cropping it but I didn't like it as much. The deck jutted out past the railing so my options were limited as far as shooting without it in the shot.

Railing + tripod + 10mm = frustration. Since then I bought a Gorillapod so that I can attach it to railings. I'm not sure it'll keep the camera steady enough, but we'll see when I get a chance to use it.

Thanks to all for the compliments.

NIce processing - are these your typical 3 diff exposure blended shots for HDR ?

tks,

r

NIce processing - are these your typical 3 diff exposure blended shots for HDR ?

tks,

r

All but the 3rd one are 3 exposure HDR's. The third one I was hiking in CO without a tripod so I had to use a single raw.

The first one of the building looks really cool! Is it me or do those clouds look like something out of an N64 game? Haha. =P

good job on the first one. the second not my choice but ok. the 3rd one is unique but as you mentioned its just a single image and not true 3 different shots with various exposure. now for the last one, there is alot going on as far as the trees are blurred. i love the texture on the water especially the sun reflection. i dont have much of a problem with the decking there. here is an option. mask just the decking and create a whole new hdr photo. then merge the scene with the decking and see if that helps.

Number one is my fav. The second one has a red light on the left that I would have edited out because it is distracting. Otherwise it is a fantastic shot. I really like how you can follow the lights around the curves of the road.

Nice work, I dabble in HDR from time to time as well I really like the effect, you did well.....and really? 1 image or 3? when you know what you're doing like you obviously do its doesn't matter 1 or 3. I hate the pissing contests that come up over this 1 or 3 image debate its silly...bottom line if you know your sh*t use 1 image save memory IMO there's no difference- again provided the "artist" knows what he/she is doing.

Good job.:thumbup:

Number one is my fav. The second one has a red light on the left that I would have edited out because it is distracting. Otherwise it is a fantastic shot. I really like how you can follow the lights around the curves of the road.

Good call, I'm honestly not sure why I didn't think to do that.

Nice work, I dabble in HDR from time to time as well I really like the effect, you did well.....and really? 1 image or 3? when you know what you're doing like you obviously do its doesn't matter 1 or 3. I hate the pissing contests that come up over this 1 or 3 image debate its silly...bottom line if you know your sh*t use 1 image save memory IMO there's no difference- again provided the "artist" knows what he/she is doing.

Agreed and thanks :D

#3 is stunning! love it!...and the water on #4 is a trip haha..

Thank you! And it's actually a thin layer of ice. Gotta love mother nature and her unexpected surprises.

I like the way that #1 really showcases the building. and its lights.

.....and really? 1 image or 3? when you know what you're doing like you obviously do its doesn't matter 1 or 3. I hate the pissing contests that come up over this 1 or 3 image debate its silly...bottom line if you know your sh*t use 1 image save memory IMO there's no difference- again provided the "artist" knows what he/she is doing.

Yea ... 1 image or 3... a rather simple and harmless question.. I know how to do 3 merged images, but if there was another technique out there that I could learn from, .. I'll ask.

Not every question that comes up is meant to generate a pissin' match.. some are meant to simply learn from... a huge advantage in participating in forums where skill levels are all over the board..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back