A few recent shots

They're both excellent, but the cubs have cuteness oozing out all over!!!!!!!!!!1

Saw these on Flickr along with the others - really nice set. You got some great shots of these adorable cubs. I wish you had a bit more dof on these. What lens are you using? Flickr info looks off so couldn't tell.

Saw these on Flickr along with the others - really nice set. You got some great shots of these adorable cubs. I wish you had a bit more dof on these. What lens are you using? Flickr info looks off so couldn't tell.

A sigma 70-200mm F/2.8. This shot was taken with a 1.4x TC attached, so the EXIF info reads 98-280mm. I stopped down to 5.6 which is about as high as I dare go in that lighting without some form of image stabilization which the lens doesn't have.

But nothing that can't be solved by spending a boatload of money on new gear.. so... I decided to replace the very, very aged Sigma with a Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8 VR II. Shopping around for one now, hopefully will have it on hand in a couple of weeks time.

But nothing that can't be solved by spending a boatload of money on new gear.. so... I decided to replace the very, very aged Sigma with a Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8 VR II. Shopping around for one now, hopefully will have it on hand in a couple of weeks time.

Happy hunting. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the new lens when you find it.

Nice shots

Excellent shots.

Excellent.

Thanks folks :)

Happy hunting. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the new lens when you find it.

I have to admit I struggled with that one for a while, I've been saving up for a new lens and I do shoot the 70-200 2.8 about 80% of the time so upgrading it made the most sense. But man, justifying spending that much on a single lens wasn't easy.. lol. I think I've pretty much reached the upper limit of what I can do with the siggy though, and all in all I think it will be a good investment.

Great shots! The cubs are just too adorable.

Only big problem is all the "awwwing" that goes on from the other spectators, it's a bit distracting.. lol

Very much like the cougar - mostly because you just don't see that many photos of cougars/mountain lions /pumas.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back