FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These two were on the shore next to the pelicans!:1219:
They were also a long ways off, and I had to shoot at a high ISO. :(

10-28-15 078.jpg

I didn't notice until I was editing, the there is a dang deer stand back there!:angry: I hope the hunter gets eaten by a deer!:highly_amused:
10-28-15 073.jpg

high iso, you will have that some times, still a nice photo..

you know, the only difference between a hunter that hunts for food and your average person that eats meat is... we do not kill it our self but the animals still die because we eat them.. but i know what you mean, i hate hunting and i would never want to kill something that i did not have to but when you really look at the big picute, we are not any different than the hunters, only thing is someone does the dirty work for us, they do it their self.

now any one that huts just to kill stuff and not for the food, that is a different story..

high iso, you will have that some times, still a nice photo..

you know, the only difference between a hunter that hunts for food and your average person that eats meat is... we do not kill it our self but the animals still die because we eat them.. but i know what you mean, i hate hunting and i would never want to kill something that i did not have to but when you really look at the big picute, we are not any different than the hunters, only thing is someone does the dirty work for us, they do it their self.

now any one that huts just to kill stuff and not for the food, that is a different story..

Nearly every hunter around here hunts just to kill something to hang on the wall of their house.:( They show up to hunt driving a brand new $60,000 pickup, pulling a new trailer with a $20,000 UTV on it, with top of the line gear and camo, then pay $2,500 to lease a piece of ground to hunt on! Some of them will spend $100,000+ and buy their own ground to hunt on. It is nuts what they spend, just so they can shoot some poor deer.
I've seen too many deer with arrows hanging, or a leg destroyed from a bullet, because one of these guys took a shot at them from to far of range, and just leave them to wander for days or weeks until they die. My dad hunted for years for meat, but hunting has changed around here, it used to be for meat, now it is just an excuse to kill something.:(

Also I've been vegetarian for 14 years, and vegan 5 years now.:801:

Nearly every hunter around here hunts just to kill something to hang on the wall of their house.:( They show up to hunt driving a brand new $60,000 pickup, pulling a new trailer with a $20,000 UTV on it, with top of the line gear and camo, then pay $2,500 to lease a piece of ground to hunt on! Some of them will spend $100,000+ and buy their own ground to hunt on. It is nuts what they spend, just so they can shoot some poor deer.
I've seen too many deer with arrows hanging, or a leg destroyed from a bullet, because one of these guys took a shot at them from to far of range, and just leave them to wander for days or weeks until they die. My dad hunted for years for meat, but hunting has changed around here, it used to be for meat, now it is just an excuse to kill something.:(

That's been my experience here in Ohio as well. Even in cases where someone does "eat the meat" they don't do it out of ANY sense of necessity, they use that as an excuse or rationalization to simply destroy a living creature. ..it's amazing the excuses some people will make to justify their despicable desire to kill something. Likewise, as a person who did over 4 years of volunteer work at a nature center, I've seen first hand the effects of such travesties. We once had a young male red fox who had been caught in one of those damned claw traps (despite the fact that they're illegal) and the poor thing was a SERIOUS mess. Fortunately he was also one of our success stories as well...after well over 200 stitches and several months of healing, he was successfully returned to the wild. He had a transmitter attached and for the few months they tracked him, he seemed to do really well.

I'm not a vegetarian yet...but I suspect that day is coming.

That's been my experience here in Ohio as well. Even in cases where someone does "eat the meat" they don't do it out of ANY sense of necessity, they use that as an excuse or rationalization to simply destroy a living creature. ..it's amazing the excuses some people will make to justify their despicable desire to kill something. Likewise, as a person who did over 4 years of volunteer work at a nature center, I've seen first hand the effects of such travesties. We once had a young male red fox who had been caught in one of those damned claw traps (despite the fact that they're illegal) and the poor thing was a SERIOUS mess. Fortunately he was also one of our success stories as well...after well over 200 stitches and several months of healing, he was successfully returned to the wild. He had a transmitter attached and for the few months they tracked him, he seemed to do really well.

I'm not a vegetarian yet...but I suspect that day is coming.

Last year my large dog spent a night in a slip cable snare that had been set for coyotes, it nearly killed, but he lived. :)
The snares were illegal do to the land own not giving permission, so I went through with cutters and cut four snares out of the 2.5 acres.
Around he someone has been shooting coyotes, cutting off their tail, and hanging the bodies of a fence post by their back feet, so they hing there until they rot off.:angry:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back