A few shots I'm on the fence about - Opinions welcome

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1. Intended to be monochrome, but could not get a conversion I liked.
Feel like the composition should have had the chairs in the right corner instead of central.

p946359779-6.jpg

2. I like the shadows, but the uneven bricks confuses my brain more than I wanted. I like it, but I think it misses.

p562225835-5.jpg

3. I liked this for the repeating patterns in the grate, wall, and reflections. Not sure it stands on it's own though.

p975926153-6.jpg

4. This was supposed to be color - the doors are white and grey by the way. I hated the red brick so I went monochrome.
This needs to be part of a "doors and windows" project. I don't think there is much here by itself. Yes, there is a doors and windows project.
It seems to be choosing me as opposed to me choosing it. Then again, what's the difference?

p69686446-6.jpg

5. Was looking for an umbrella shot and thought this missed. The faces keep bringing me back though.

p348536013-5.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments appreciated as always.

#3 and #5 are keepers and I really like them. the rest I would bin if they were mine. of course, jmo,

What is the context of the umbrellas? Why are those people there?

Yes, I see why you're on the fence about these. #3 is interesting; #1 with the two chairs appears that it needs a tiny bit of CCW rotation to make the one wall straight, and to more-accurately show the slight slope the two chairs are sitting on, but I agree--the right hand side of that shot could use more "weight".

The shadows and bricks in #2 ARE very visually noisy, and yet, the shot has an appeal due to all that visual "noise".

#3, I like; seems like the majority like it. I am NOT sold, at all, on the umbrellas in the fifth and final shot. The dead space in the upper left kills it for me, and the people are not enough to redeem it for me. The white and gray doors, #4, that's a total binner for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back