What's new

A few snaps i took handheld playing with slow shutter speed. C & C welcome.

It was in Dunkeld, Scotland btw
 
I'll go.

I am not liking the composition, looking downward too much. A lower perspective putting the horizon 1/3 lower in the frame would work for me. Also, while the water seems to be exposed properly the reast of the frame is darlk and dreary. Fill lighting or HDR? The water is moving fast but you haven't slowed your shutter enough to blurr it to a creamy smooth texture, if that was your intention, slow it down more ;)
 
I'll go.

I am not liking the composition, looking downward too much. A lower perspective putting the horizon 1/3 lower in the frame would work for me. Also, while the water seems to be exposed properly the reast of the frame is darlk and dreary. Fill lighting or HDR? The water is moving fast but you haven't slowed your shutter enough to blurr it to a creamy smooth texture, if that was your intention, slow it down more ;)

I tend to agree. I think in number 2 I would like to see more of the landscape with the river leading to the waterfall. That would lead the eye through the frame more and make a more interesting composition IMO.
 
Cheers,

Agree a flash may have helped. Didn't want to slow shutter down too much because I was took pics without a tripod. And yes maybe lowering horizon might have helped..... Guess I just tried to keep waterfall in the shot too.
 
that's why I said a lower perspective, a lower physical vantage point to keep the falls yet allow more above the horizon ;) Slow shots need tripods.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom