A Few Tweet Tweets from the last few months.

JacaRanda

Hobbyist Birdographer
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wow! You caught some great photos here. I like number 1. Numbers 2&3 are really great though. 2 is just a fun capture and 3 looks like it should be up on a wall or in a magazine.
Unfortunately, 4,5&6 are overshadowed by the first three for me.

Nice shots! I did NOT know herons would hunt that kind of prey! That's impressive!

My favorites are the first two--I love the action of the coyote leaping at its prey.

The last three are really nice also, even though there's no "action" happening there. The last one might be a little overexposed, or may have benefited from some exposure compensation on the bird, but I love the shot anyway.

What she said, and thanks for posting

Wow! You caught some great photos here. I like number 1. Numbers 2&3 are really great though. 2 is just a fun capture and 3 looks like it should be up on a wall or in a magazine.
Unfortunately, 4,5&6 are overshadowed by the first three for me.

Thank you John. They literally are fun captures. We've been getting in touch with our nature sides and my goodness is it fun!

Nice shots! I did NOT know herons would hunt that kind of prey! That's impressive!

My favorites are the first two--I love the action of the coyote leaping at its prey.

The last three are really nice also, even though there's no "action" happening there. The last one might be a little overexposed, or may have benefited from some exposure compensation on the bird, but I love the shot anyway.

Thanks Sharon. You should have seen us oohing and ahhing like little kids when we saw that. Of course very lucky to have the camera smashed against my face. Sometimes I do forget :lol:.

We were amazed at what the GBH caught. How on earth would it swallow that thing? Watching it stalk was really cool too.

Oh, and my wife said the same thing about the Green Heron being overexposed. I will tell her you mentioned it and maybe that will entice her to join in the forum games with us.

Last edited:
Thank you and you are welcome Mr. Hipster! I hope that means the same as Oldhippy :er:

Some great shots! I agree that 1 and 2 are outstanding.

Do you have enough resolution to crop #3 something like this? I think it would make an excellent portrait of a Coyote.

coyote.jpg

Love the action shot of the coyote. Your coyotes have nice coloring. The coyotes we have around here are dingy grey looking.

Wow, amazing shots! My favorite are of the coyote. :)

Love the action shot of the coyote. Your coyotes have nice coloring. The coyotes we have around here are dingy grey looking.

Thanks CheryIL. Many I have seen here have the color, but I don't remember seeing any of them look so healthy and well fed.

Some great shots! I agree that 1 and 2 are outstanding.

Do you have enough resolution to crop #3 something like this? I think it would make an excellent portrait of a Coyote.

coyote.jpg

Here you go. I'm not sure if the more noticeable grain adds or takes away anything.

Coyote-6.jpg by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back