A first for me as a Wildlife Photographer

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These birds are extremely hard to find in the UK- I was so pleased when 5 landed almost in front of my pop up hide

here they are - Spoonbills- very aptly named

Sony a7Riv + Sony 200- 600mm- shot from a camo, pop up hide hand held

DSC03631 by Les Moxon, on Flickr

DSC03711 by [uDSC03701 by Les Moxon, on Flickrrl=https://www.flickr.com/photos/184767280@N02/]Les Moxon[/url], on Flickr

DSC03733 by Les Moxon, on Flickr

DSC03627 by Les Moxon, on Flickr

DSC03623 by Les Moxon, on Flickr

DSC03620 Spoonbill by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Thank you for taking the time to look

Les :)

Last edited:
Lucky boy. No chance of getting them here.

Well captured an interesting set of an interesting subject .

Lucky boy. No chance of getting them here.

Well captured an interesting set of an interesting subject .
Many thanks- I was a little surprised when they dropped in :)

Patience, Skill, Luck. Aren't those the traits of a wildlife photographer? Looks like you used all three. They appear related to egrets which I see frequently on the Potomac river. I'm going to see if we have these in the States.

I bet you dropped your coffee for those guys. It must've been exciting to suddenly see them appear like that for the first time, that's how it usually happens with me. No warning, just pow! In your face! Good for you and nice set.

I think he's in the UK so it was likely tea...
Or better yet, beer! I hear they all just do nothing but watch soccer and drink. (kidding of course, no offense. Everyone knows it's American rednecks that do that with Budweiser :icon_puke_r:and football) :wink-6:

Great set and how exciting! I love #3 for the mirror-like reflection and that little drop of water just falling from the bill.

Nice set. I like the last two the best.

Patience, Skill, Luck. Aren't those the traits of a wildlife photographer? Looks like you used all three. They appear related to egrets which I see frequently on the Potomac river. I'm going to see if we have these in the States.
I guess so- I am rather fortunate to be in a position to be selling images and all 3 do come into play :)
I bet you dropped your coffee for those guys. It must've been exciting to suddenly see them appear like that for the first time, that's how it usually happens with me. No warning, just pow! In your face! Good for you and nice set.
I almost dropped the camera gear :)
I think he's in the UK so it was likely tea...
No I love coffee - never drink Tea :)
Or better yet, beer! I hear they all just do nothing but watch soccer and drink. (kidding of course, no offense. Everyone knows it's American rednecks that do that with Budweiser :icon_puke_r:and football) :wink-6:
I was holding a beer bottle whilst watching soccer on my mobile phone - its a miracle I got any shots at all :chuncky:
Great set and how exciting! I love #3 for the mirror-like reflection and that little drop of water just falling from the bill.
Thank you - I do tend to go for the unusual or different aspects to my wildlife photography :)
Great set! I like #2 and #3 the best of them, but they are all good. I agree on #3, it is magical.
Thank you Jeff- nice of you to say :)
Did you use the Animal Eye AF ?
No - although it is an option I usually use spot focus and expose for Highlights - white birds in the sunshine are difficult to say the least :)
Nice set. I like the last two the best.
Thank you Scott- nice of you to comment :)

Les

Most reactions

Back