I'd say it's really not a bad start, considering you're new at it.
At least you've done something very few "noobs" seem to do; shot portraits in portrait orientation. So, +1 for that.
I'm no portrait photographer, so others can give you a fair better, more qualified critique. But the main things I notice are:
1. Composition--busy, busy backgrounds that really detract from your beautiful subjects. Things growing out of their heads. Cut-off parts--on the first photo, you're so close to the model's left elbow (right side of photo) that if you framed this, it'd get cut off. On the second photo, you cut her hand off.
2. DOF--already mentioned by others, but you need to either change your aperture to get that background blurred out, or change to a less busy background, or both.
3. Focus--this could be me, because I have vision difficulties, but it doesn't look like you've got a good, sharp focus on the model's eyes. They seem a little soft.
Still, very nice start, imo.