A First Timers Shoot

Nazareth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.interactivecordillera.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm new in the world of Photography. I went with my friends on Funshoot. How Did I go? Please do give me some pointers. Thank You
I'm using A Sony Alpha.
$539005_4473987177489_1147404723_n.jpg $185538_4466675874711_2116222209_n.jpg

I'm not sure if your camera can do this, but change the aperture so that the background is blurred out. Right now, it's really busy and distracts from the subject.

Or, you can simply move your model to a less busy area.

i think sony alpha is a DSLR; so aperture mode is there for sure; your models are beautiful.... so no body want any sort of distractions ;)

Regards :D

I'd say it's really not a bad start, considering you're new at it.
At least you've done something very few "noobs" seem to do; shot portraits in portrait orientation. So, +1 for that.

I'm no portrait photographer, so others can give you a fair better, more qualified critique. But the main things I notice are:

1. Composition--busy, busy backgrounds that really detract from your beautiful subjects. Things growing out of their heads. Cut-off parts--on the first photo, you're so close to the model's left elbow (right side of photo) that if you framed this, it'd get cut off. On the second photo, you cut her hand off.
2. DOF--already mentioned by others, but you need to either change your aperture to get that background blurred out, or change to a less busy background, or both.
3. Focus--this could be me, because I have vision difficulties, but it doesn't look like you've got a good, sharp focus on the model's eyes. They seem a little soft.

Still, very nice start, imo.

Thank you once again for the Tips, I'm confused with all the settings of my camera since I just got it. But I'll try to familiarize and work on a better photo. I'll post some more photos so you could see me progress.

Thank You

echoyjeff222 said:
I'm not sure if your camera can do this, but change the aperture so that the background is blurred out. Right now, it's really busy and distracts from the subject.

echoyjeff222: I have seen you post this type of suggestion several times... but you never tell the OP's HOW TO set the aperture to achieve that effect! Don't you think that might be a good idea also?

The best piece of advice that I have gotten on here was to get out the manual for my camera and read it cover to cover. (Well besides reading a LOT of posts on here.) This will allow you to become comfortable with what you camera can do. Oh also, as you read about things get out and try them with your camera.

Asking for advice on here is great as long as you are putting it into practice and actually know how to do it.

Take this advice for what it's worth but that is my approach as I am learning from the great people on this forum.

The best piece of advice that I have gotten on here was to get out the manual for my camera and read it cover to cover. (Well besides reading a LOT of posts on here.) This will allow you to become comfortable with what you camera can do. Oh also, as you read about things get out and try them with your camera.

Asking for advice on here is great as long as you are putting it into practice and actually know how to do it.

Take this advice for what it's worth but that is my approach as I am learning from the great people on this forum.

Thank you Sir I'm doing that for the past 2 Days Learning on the Manual. I'm working on how ti apply it.

Or just google the particular issue. Never once did I read my manual cover to cover. I've peaked at it a handful of times.

The last 2 shoots are much better. I like them. It is hard at first to remember everything to set when first learning. I use a cheat sheet. A little card that says, check this and that. My manual only includes the basics, so look for a book that offers more detail information than your manual, and google. Most of all practice! That is how I learn, because I learn from my mistakes. Mistakes=learning. I am still making mistakes, learning and practicing. In my opinion, your desire to learn, learn from mistakes and enjoy taking photos is what develops into a good photographer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back