A Fisheye Christmas

John 2

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The view through a fisheye lens is not to everyone's taste but for what its worth..............

2 Fish Eye Christmas Market Entrance.jpg

3 Fish Eye Christmas Market Entrance  2.jpg

I like these shots. What lens and camera John?
In the '80-90s I wished for a Nikkor 16mm fish eye lens for my F3, but never got one.

I like these shots. What lens and camera John?
In the '80-90s I wished for a Nikkor 16mm fish eye lens for my F3, but never got one.

I have a Pro-Optic 8mm f/3.5 fisheye that I have used on several Nikon bodies including my old D90 and my current D3 and D4.
It takes surprisingly sharp shots and, if you step it down to f/8 or so, it has almost infinite depth of focus. It focuses super-close so you can take some very dramatic shots with it.
Very inexpensive for what you get.
Fully manual but that's part of the fun.

I like the extra interest created by the distortion.

They are kind of cool. I like them.

A nice holiday scene. Well done!

Thanks all for the comments. I'm a bit late in replying. It's that time of year.

@mjcmt, it's a Samyang 8mm fisheye on a Fujifilm X-T1 body. I believe Samyang are marketed as Rokinon in the US. It is a really good performer but manual of course. However, its DOF is such that focussing is not an issue.

@RVT1K, I,m sure like me you have a few shot that include your toecaps. :rolleyes:

love these shots..

Very nice John, I need to get out with my 10-24mm more often.

Thanks all for the comments. I'm a bit late in replying. It's that time of year.

@mjcmt, it's a Samyang 8mm fisheye on a Fujifilm X-T1 body. I believe Samyang are marketed as Rokinon in the US. It is a really good performer but manual of course. However, its DOF is such that focussing is not an issue.

@RVT1K, I,m sure like me you have a few shot that include your toecaps. :rolleyes:

I believe that Samyang, Rokinon, and Pro-Optic are all the same company just marketed differently.

The near limitless DOF allows all kinds of fun.

And there is more than a little risk of capturing your own feet!

Most reactions

Back