What's new

A friend at The Cape (18 pics)

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
5,136
Reaction score
153
Location
Grimsby, Ontario Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I met this friend through online Nascar racing, we voice chat online, and had many telephone conversations involving a club I started organizing back in 2000. Mark has been a good friend, with incredible wisdom, thought, and compassion. He is a Nam vet, and has survived more the most can imagine. A retired Fire Fighter Captain, he invited me to visit him in Wellfleet, Cape Cod, Mass., and my brother and I hooked the boat up and drove 10 hours to meet him in this small town.


We arrived and met on the water at the Marina

1
Wellfleet10030959websize.jpg


2 the view was astounding...
Wellfleet10010958websize.jpg


3 these shots are on the inner cape
Wellfleet10120965websize.jpg


4 Small shops, and a great restaurant in Wellfleet
Wellfleet10110964websize.jpg


5 Town Community Center
Wellfleet10100963websize.jpg


6 The Outer Cape (about 3 miles from the inner, and a different world!)
Wellfleet10160966websize.jpg


7 A sunset over the outer Cape
Wellfleet10250967websize.jpg


8 The adventure in the Atlantic begins with a 20 mile run on water to Provincetown Harbour, then a 15 mile jaunt out on the ocean, in a nice chop.(240ft deep)
Wellfleet10080962websize.jpg


9 At first we were thrilled to see a Minky Whale
Wellfleet10460968websize.jpg


10 And my bro Geoff, happy to see a Humpback Whale.
Wellfleet10580969websize.jpg


11 This one hung around us...
Wellfleet10050961websize.jpg


12 and breached
Wellfleet10710973websize.jpg


13 then came up directly off the stern..
Wellfleet10730972websize.jpg


14 went under the boat, and came up to wave at the 3 of us off the bow..and smacked the water three times,...
Wellfleet10760974websize.jpg


15 and was off to entertain another boat..
Wellfleet10700971websize.jpg


16 Before it left, I am sure it sent me a gift.. something about a new friend in the Philippines!
Wellfleet10750975websize.jpg


17 this evenings sunset
Wellfleet10040960websize.jpg


Afew days later, I met Daisy online, ... I could save images from webcams, and here she is as I first saw her...

Daisy2.jpg


there is no doubt in my mind, the whales found her for me, call me nuts..

Special thanks for all of this to my Friend Mark, best regards bud.

that's my Wellfleet Story., all true, and thanks for looking and reading.
 
wow. thats an incredible series of pics. every shot, to me, is excellent and the story behind them is great too. it would be real hard for me to pick a favorite, but i like #7 and #12 the best.
 
cape cod represent.

i spend my summers there every year.

surfing is also nice in welfleet
 
Neat story Ray, and it looks like you had fun out there.
 
thanks everyone.. I forgot to mention these were all taken with a 2.1 Mp Sony point and shoot., which is now down in the Philippines with Mom!
 
Great story and great whale pictures! I've never seen any that are more than "speck in the distance that might be a whale" before, so I'm really jealous!

Rob
 
What a great series, and great story!!! (And they all lived happily ever after, with Maria)
 
Rob said:
Great story and great whale pictures! I've never seen any that are more than "speck in the distance that might be a whale" before, so I'm really jealous!

Rob

thanks Rob.. I just wish I had a decent camera, I had no idea we were in for such a treat!
 
So these are from a couple of years ago?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom