A GBH Too Far

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A great blue heron that was @ "Hidden Lagoon" @ North Beach ( Ft. De Soto) and too far out for me to get a good shot of. I walked into the reeds until the water was up to my knees, just shy of my shorts so that's where I stopped and took my last shot. The first shot is @ 150 mm and the 2nd @ 600 with reeds in the fg blocking most of the view to it. Somewhat of a shame with the golden hour light that was shining then but I did get the head in it.

12312430-studio.jpg

12312421-studio.jpg

Nice job of stalking!

You have no fear of "gators?

Nice shot Kirk.

Kirk, that second shot is awesome. It's a great nature shot. The lighting on the GBH and the background colors are perfect. Good job.

PS: I dare ya to come up here and get up to your shorts in water.

Kirk, that second shot is awesome. It's a great nature shot. The lighting on the GBH and the background colors are perfect. Good job.

PS: I dare ya to come up here and get up to your shorts in water.
Thank you very much, Pete.

PS: I'm not scared to get into a nice big tub full of hot water up to my shorts and a rubber ducky at the other end. Some dare that is .... :wink-6:

Nice job of stalking!

You have no fear of "gators?
Or water moccasins or snapping turtles, apparently...
Nice shot Kirk.
How did I miss these comments? Thanks for the comments, guys, but it appeas that some peeps assumed this was a fresh water scene ... it's not. This is a small lagoon at a small inlet next to the ocean so it's pure saltwater. That means no snapping turtles, or gators. Although, I was a little concerned with getting a big toe pinched by a huge blue crab. Ha, ha! I'm not toatlly fearles, afterall, lol! Y'all have a great day and thanks for looking, it was fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back