A Gears of War Engagement

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some friends of mine are getting married in April, and in November I did an engagement shoot for them.

Megan told me that she wanted to get one done, but didn't like all the "cheesy, 'No, I love YOU schmoopy!' " type shoots. So I told her, well then let's do one, but lets make it fun for you guys!

Megan and Jerimiah met in an Xbox forum, and have been together for a long time now, after moving closer to each other and are finally getting engaged. Being that they're hardcore gamers, I asked her what their favorite game was and she said "Gears of War". Jerimiah even proposed to her with the release of the newest GOW game! So we decided to do the shoot around the idea of GOW.

We got a lot of the "nice" and "serious" type images, but when it came down to it, she messaged me and asked, "Would it be bad if all the ones I like are the ones where we're goofing off?" to which I replied, "Not at all! You like them because that's what your relationship is like... fun and goofy! It's your shoot... if you want those, then pick those!" :lol:

I know there are things wrong with some, if not all of these images, and I debated whether or not to even post them because I have a feeling I know a lot of what everyone would say anyway, but I decided to post them because 1. I realized I haven't been around much, so... why not? And 2. I've accepted the fact that these are gonna get ripped to shreds and shat upon and that's okay. :lmao:

I'm going to post quite a few, so feel free to C&C any of them if you wish, but I'm not demanding that you do, since there are so many. :hug::

6712517843_025641c395_z.jpg

6689178701_62757525df_z.jpg

6689178851_48bdefc0f2_z.jpg

6689179025_33abd8b599_z.jpg

6689179199_b3340417d9_z.jpg

6689179373_e7769a8e1f_z.jpg

6689179571_87e7cec9d2_z.jpg

6689179687_3b493682bb_z.jpg

6689179847_cb893643cc_z.jpg

6689180023_920b46ace9_z.jpg

6689180191_d3ce2de6b2_z.jpg

Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh--Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh---Bat-Man!

"Holy Super-Saturation Batman! The colors have become so bright the citizens of Gotham City will be blinded!"

"Not if we can help it, Boy Wonder! Quick, to the Bat Lightroom, for a quick pass of Dial Er Back A Notch!"

"But Batman, won't the man and woman notice that they have been brought back to normal levels of saturation? What might happen?

"Good point, my young companion, and a very impressive inquiry. It's a chance we have to take young Robin--the eyes of the entire city are at stake. Proceed we must, to lower the saturation, and save the residents of Gotham from a fate worse than Jersey Shore!"

Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh--Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh---Bat-Man!

Was thinking about you today, wondered what you were up to and then, you just show up... :)

Hate some of those and love some of those.

I am not a gamer, I do not understand gamers, so that I find the ones with the big plastic "guns" painful.

Next, watch those backgrounds. Messy and fences running through heads are not the best.

On the positive side, you've captured a real nice feeling between these two. No pseudo hip attitudes here, just some good fun between two people who are enjoying each other. And what else can you ask for?

Still on the positive side is your PP. I'm impressed with your progress. First, you seem to be getting closer to the PP of a photog we once discussed although in a bright cheery way rather than his dark moody style. Second, it is consistent through the series.

My favorite here is #11. Very traditional in a way but not quite so :)

If it wasn't for the atrocious background, favorite would have been #5.

But to be honest, I think they will work best as a series.

Good job.

Expressing how I think it's over-saturated with Batman metaphor

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Was thinking about you today, wondered what you were up to and then, you just show up... :)

It's the physic connection. :lol:

Hate some of those and love some of those.

I am not a gamer, I do not understand gamers, so that I find the ones with the big plastic "guns" painful.

Yep, they're super cheesy, but that's what they wanted... so I guess I was running with the idea of "What the client wants, the client gets." :lol:

Next, watch those backgrounds. Messy and fences running through heads are not the best.

Yeah, it was super hard trying to find a "clean" background to shoot on at this place. We wanted it to be industrial, but it was also pretty cluttered at that place. I had to make a lot of "lesser of the two evils" decisions when shooting this, as far as the background is concerned. :/[/quote]

On the positive side, you've captured a real nice feeling between these two. No pseudo hip attitudes here, just some good fun between two people who are enjoying each other. And what else can you ask for?

Still on the positive side is your PP. I'm impressed with your progress. First, you seem to be getting closer to the PP of a photog we once discussed although in a bright cheery way rather than his dark moody style. Second, it is consistent through the series.

My favorite here is #11. Very traditional in a way but not quite so :)

If it wasn't for the atrocious background, favorite would have been #5.
Yeah I ****ing hate that pole, for starters, but the only other gear in the area like that... the background was even *worse* if you can believe that. :lol:

But to be honest, I think they will work best as a series.

Good job.

Thanks for your feedback :sillysmi:

Love the heras fencing :lol: what have you done to her face in10 and 11 she looks weird

The what fencing? haha.

And I didn't do anything different to her face in those 2 than the rest of them. I need something a little more than "she looks weird" to know exactly to what you are referring. :lol:

Hey,
I like what you've captured in the photos alot. They seem like a fun couple and I think you've captured that...they felt comfortable with you and were able to show their true selves. So kudos on that.

I would have to agree with Derrel and batman there, and suggest that you dial back the saturation, and perhaps the high-pass/sharpening/clarity slider or whatever you are doing to them to make them so sharp.

Hey,
I like what you've captured in the photos alot. They seem like a fun couple and I think you've captured that...they felt comfortable with you and were able to show their true selves. So kudos on that.

I would have to agree with Derrel and batman there, and suggest that you dial back the saturation, and perhaps the high-pass/sharpening/clarity slider or whatever you are doing to them to make them so sharp.

Thanks for your feedback :sillysmi:
She looks like a plastic doll

Gotchya :lol:

She is a plastic doll

Or is she?

Nope, she is just the "Plastic Ono Band."

Wonderful..

My god, what a bunch of idiots we are.

Great job.

:biglaugh: You okay over there? :lmao:

Thanks again. :sillysmi:

They're a bit too bright and over saturated for my tastes. I like the processing when applied to images like 8, but it looks too unnatural when applied to people, I think.

Also, I'm jsut curious, is his hair grey? Or is that just the way that the light reflected off of it....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back