A Hello to everyone

kbanga

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

I am new to the site and to dSLR photography. I finally bought a Canon XTi last year but havent started using it yet as there was mini interruption (i had a baby). Now i am back to being obsessed with photography - specifically my baby's photos :).
I have used all the easy modes. But i havent ventured past the P mode on the advanced yet.
I heard that without flash photography is better. Any comments?
- Also, i have the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens. Which is another beginner lens that i should buy. Should it be the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens?
- Do i need a UV filter?
Thanks.
:blushing:

Hello and welcome to the forum...

First the without flash thing is eh... Just have to learn how to use it is all.. If that camera can accept an external flash, use that instead.

When playing with advanced photography on any camera, it is obvious better to start taking photos of everything to experamanet with, keep notes and learn that way.
Dont use a UV filter for anything but protection of the front lens.
Any Canon lens that will fit your camera will work, but for a prime lens, anything from the 50mm you mentioned to a 135mm will work for portrates. Once you get past that, then the best thing is to work toward a 70-200mm for general work, and an 85mm for landscape if you go that direction.

Most reactions

Back