A heron, a swan, and a couple young ducks

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Couple shots from the road at lunch today. Canon SX60HS

1. Not sure the type of heron, I thought it may be a green but it is blue, so not sure.
IMG_9320e.jpg

2. Looks like an old swan, huge
IMG_9328e.jpg

3. She's cute as a pumpkin
IMG_9313e.jpg

4. This little guy was very friendly. Looking for food but I done ate my liverwurst sandwich already.
IMG_9332e.jpg

Nice set the first one is a green heron was it in shadows it has to be a really sunny day most of the time for you to see the green its on the sides of the wings

Nice set the first one is a green heron was it in shadows it has to be a really sunny day most of the time for you to see the green its on the sides of the wings
Shadows, overcast. Thanks bud.

I also never understood why they are called green herons as they always have a more blueish color. This is one that I captured a few years ago while canoeing the Intercoastal in Sarasota.
LR edited-0525.jpg LR edited-0536.jpg

I also never understood why they are called green herons as they always have a more blueish color. This is one that I captured a few years ago while canoeing the Intercoastal in Sarasota.
View attachment 126942 View attachment 126943

That is one fantastic piece of glass you got there. It looks like one of the older Nikon manual primes. They always seem to have a rich color render. Mostly, mine are shot at lunch time with a point and shoot I keep in the truck.

i think That with green herons the green is visable on there back near the tips of there wings

That is one fantastic piece of glass you got there. It looks like one of the older Nikon manual primes. They always seem to have a rich color render. Mostly, mine are shot at lunch time with a point and shoot I keep in the truck.[/QUOTE]

I should have put my capture specs up, because no, it's not. D5000, 300mm f5.6 at 1/400 ISO 200. I just happen to be a boss with Lightroom. Here's a before and after of the dive.

Attachments

• green heron.jpg
    green heron.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 134
That is one fantastic piece of glass you got there. It looks like one of the older Nikon manual primes. They always seem to have a rich color render. Mostly, mine are shot at lunch time with a point and shoot I keep in the truck.

I should have put my capture specs up, because no, it's not. D5000, 300mm f5.6 at 1/400 ISO 200. I just happen to be a boss with Lightroom. Here's a before and after of the dive.[/QUOTE]

Well whatever lens it is, nice color. So it's a zoom lens?

Yes, it's a Nikon 70-300mm 4.5-5.6. I'm actually looking to upgrade to something a little faster soon, but this lens has done some great work for me for years.

Yes, it's a Nikon 70-300mm 4.5-5.6. I'm actually looking to upgrade to something a little faster soon, but this lens has done some great work for me for years.
I would keep it for sure. That copy has great color. I read the focus can be dodgy with them though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back