A huge offer for me...Please Help!!

Thank you to everyone for your advice. I definitely need to think this over and a couple of weeks may not do the trick. A lawyer was on my list of consults as well as a CPA seeing as I would be starting from stratch.

Excitement of a job offer by a foundation dear to me fogged the realization that business in general sucks. I always think of the wonderful creative process before any of the red tape anyways.

I'll let everyone know what I end up doing....
Thanks again!

I thought they would be able to keep all the equipment after a certain amount of time?

Correct. That is part of the verbal proposal that I offered. Equipment up front for the job and then after a certain amount of hours worked or a certain amount of time, whichever comes first, the equipment would be mine. I also suggested a "what if something happens" clause where I would be able to buy out or return the equipment if someone went under.

Hollydgray said:
Correct. That is part of the verbal proposal that I offered. Equipment up front for the job and then after a certain amount of hours worked or a certain amount of time, whichever comes first, the equipment would be mine. I also suggested a "what if something happens" clause where I would be able to buy out or return the equipment if someone went under.

Make sure that particular clause is in there. Lol I am just daydreaming of what my "dream studio" would be like with a 13k budget :) good luck on the possible venture.

The OP makes no sense. If they're supplying you with "dream equipment", then I don't see why you need to work it off. Otherwise, they're just paying you 13k a year and you're buying your own stuff. No profit. Are you an employee? Freelance? Contract? I'm not sure you know.

Hollydgray said:

Make sure that particular clause is in there. Lol I am just daydreaming of what my "dream studio" would be like with a 13k budget :) good luck on the possible venture.

Between my Mac, camera gear and some basic lighting/modifyers I'm over 10K. Wouldn't be much left for " dream studio" on her 13K budget. And I'm a student.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back