A Junco for Manaheim :)

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been practicing on the songbirds and I know they are your favourite so this one's for you my bunny friend!

Bump in case the bunny missed it ;)

Man, getting comments on photo threads the last few days has been like pulling teeth! I've posted three threads and I think I have about four comments total, besides my own. I guess we're all busy, off debating on when something's been edited and when it hasn't, and whether it matters, or talking about meeting in DC or whatever else the hot topics are this week.

It's a cute little bird. And one I need for my "list" but I haven't found one around here yet.

Sorry Jaca, I should have put it in the post ;)

Sharon, it's definitely a "lull" time in the galleries, we seem to go through one every little while. We say we are guilty of not commenting enough and things get better for a while... Then we start slacking... and say we should comment more... and we get better... for a while lol

What kind of birdie is it?

A Junco. Hence, "A Junco for Manaheim." ;)
A dark-eyed junco, specifically.

:lol: See, if I would have ever heard of a Junco like a real birder would, I would have put two and two together. What a noob ;)

BTW, I ran into a guy a couple of weeks ago and he did not like the title of 'birder'. He preferred to be considered a bird photographer instead.

Have you or Pixel seen the movie The Big Year? I understand it is very funny and appropriate for the differences of a birder and a bird photographer.

Sorry Jaca, I should have put it in the post ;)

Sharon, it's definitely a "lull" time in the galleries, we seem to go through one every little while. We say we are guilty of not commenting enough and things get better for a while... Then we start slacking... and say we should comment more... and we get better... for a while lol

I know the feeling. I really love when I post something that has little to do with what the OP asked. Ooopsie

What type of bird is that?

Jaca, I haven't seen that movie, I'll check it out though!

What kind of birdie is it?

A Junco. Hence, "A Junco for Manaheim." ;)
A dark-eyed junco, specifically.

:lol: See, if I would have ever heard of a Junco like a real birder would, I would have put two and two together. What a noob ;)

BTW, I ran into a guy a couple of weeks ago and he did not like the title of 'birder'. He preferred to be considered a bird photographer instead.

Have you or Pixel seen the movie The Big Year? I understand it is very funny and appropriate for the differences of a birder and a bird photographer.

That's exactly my sentiment. "Birders" are people who are experts on bird id, who love watching birds and have awesome binoculars for viewing them from a distance, but don't necessarily ever take a picture of the birds they see. Birders can recognize a bird by the sound it makes, they can tell what subspecies it is and all that. *I*, on the other hand, am a Bird Photographer. I take pictures of the lovely birds, and THAT is what attracts me to them. I'd have little interest in them, if they didn't make for a good photograph. I *am* trying to learn about them, and at least recognize them by sight, if not by sound, but that's because I want to know about what I'm taking pictures of.

I've heard of the movie, but haven't seen it. I'll have to see about watching it--I rarely ever watch a movie.

Nice. I like it, but I would have cropped the bolt out of it.

What kind of bird id that? ;)

Most reactions

Back