jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my goals this year is to go for a healthy walk at least once a week . With that in mind, I only took the Tamron 18-400mm lens, because I didn't want to wrestle with the heavier Sigma 150-600mm C which would have slowed me down a bit. Wouldn't you know it, there were some perfect shots for the 600mm range, but that's life I guess. I had to settle for this session with a Great Egret. One of my biggest challenges is controlling the whites, and I don't think I did too bad of a job to that end, given that it was a clear blue cloudless afternoon here in North Texas.

jan08202304 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan08202305 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan08202306 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan08202307 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan08202308 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan08202309 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Nice set. It looks like you had a nice day. They are tough on a bright day.

These are very nice! Bright sun + white egret = photo challenges, but this set turned out well.

That looks like a beautiful place for a walk and photo shoot so close to home.

These are very nice! Bright sun + white egret = photo challenges, but this set turned out well.

That looks like a beautiful place for a walk and photo shoot so close to home.
Thank you! Now if it only had something a little more exciting than egrets and ducks... 😁

One of my goals this year is to go for a healthy walk at least once a week . With that in mind, I only took the Tamron 18-400mm lens, because I didn't want to wrestle with the heavier Sigma 150-600mm C which would have slowed me down a bit. Wouldn't you know it, there were some perfect shots for the 600mm range, but that's life I guess. I had to settle for this session with a Great Egret. One of my biggest challenges is controlling the whites, and I don't think I did too bad of a job to that end, given that it was a clear blue cloudless afternoon here in North Texas.

jan08202304 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan08202305 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan08202306 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan08202307 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan08202308 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

jan08202309 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr
They sure look good to me!

Favorite is #4. The full bright sun and whites are hard to balance and I think you did a great job.

Nice series. Given the light n a sunny day, you have managed the highlights effectively.

Most reactions

Back