A little better on the HDR??

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Prettysky-Copy.jpg

What was your deciding factor to use HDR with this scene?

What was your goal to accomplish with HDR techniques?

Were there blown highlights or detail challenged shadows?

I think you effectively used hdr, great job!

What was your deciding factor to use HDR with this scene?

What was your goal to accomplish with HDR techniques?

Were there blown highlights or detail challenged shadows?

I have been trying to find a scene that is right for HDR as no one seems to like the subjects I have been shooting. I chose this scene because of the clouds and how gorgeous the sky was.

There were some blown highlights in the lower right portion of the sky, tried to make them not so exposed. There were not many shadows as there wasn't much sunlight.

So are you saying this is not a good pic?

Thanks for the background on the photo, sounds like you picked a nice opportunity to bring out the sky - looks cool, especially to the right where the orange is - guessing that's where it was tricky/blown?

Yay! You mean I finally got a decent one? Lol. Thanks for the comments, much appreciated!

How many different exposures did you use for this HDR image? The dark areas in the trees seem too dark and could be brought out a bit more.

Nice texture in the clouds.

How many different exposures did you use for this HDR image? The dark areas in the trees seem too dark and could be brought out a bit more.

Nice texture in the clouds.

I used 5 exposures. I had tried three but someone in another forum suggested I do more.

I didn't see you other attempts, but this still needs a lot of work in my opinion. There's a ton of lost detail in the shadows (shouldn't be so with HDR) and the entire image looks really blurry.

This image does not really do it for me but you have the right idea.

Most reactions

Back