A lonely shed - C&C

fokker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this on Saturday after going for a long drive down a random gravel road in search of something interesting to photograph. There were storm clouds off to the left and blue sky to the right, hence the colour gradient across the sky.

Canon EF-S 17-85mm @ 17mm
ISO 100
f14
Circular polarizing filter

4161586322_6bb803dd3a_b.jpg

Good picture! my only gripe is that the barn is not in focus.

Same. I wish the barn would have been in focus. The sky is absolutely amazing. The color is just great! Did you up the saturation any/a lot on it? Nice
TJ

Seems odd that the shed is out of focus, that is what I focused on! It has a bit of added saturation and some other PP work ;)

Well when i look at it at the expanded size it looks a bit sharper but I can't really tell if the focus is nailed or not.
TJ

Looks like it is focused on the shade in the front, seems sharper there but hard to tell.

Have you done something to the coulds around the tree? My eye keeps going back to that. Appears that the clouds have a halo effect with the tree. Weird.

I like it. But yeah the shed isnt really sharp. And i feel like the big tree on the right is too dark. And i notice some foggy/haze on the right side (mostly on the big tree)

Far too much PP. You made the sky look fake and unnatural, in a bad way.

Is this an HDR or Tonemap attempt?

I'm too new here so my C&C wouldn't count, but as a newbie~~I LOVE IT!!

C&C always counts. You are just telling people what you see or don't see. And that is indeed a most beautiful sky.

Good picture! my only gripe is that the barn is not in focus.

It is hard for me to really tell if it is or isn't in focus. My eyes are tired and everything looks so saturated that it's probably not that out of focus. Your polarizing filter may be what is throwing the sharpness of a bit.

Have you done something to the coulds around the tree? My eye keeps going back to that. Appears that the clouds have a halo effect with the tree. Weird.

Didn't do anything particularly here, the clouds were in a sort of natural halo around the tree, didn't even notice this till I got the pic on the computer.

Bitter Jeweller said:
Far too much PP. You made the sky look fake and unnatural, in a bad way.

Is this an HDR or Tonemap attempt?

After viewing the picture on a different monitor I agree there is too much saturation, however I don't necessarily think the picture looks over-processed.

You do however get 10 points for being the only one to recognize that this is an HDR picture - I didn't mention it earlier because I wanted to test to see if it was obvious or not, clearly it doesn't appear to be.

Anyway, here is another version that I desaturated and added a little bit of sharpening that I forgot to do on the first one (may explain the softness on the shed).

This may look better or worse depending on how your monitor looks, it looks better on my LCD tv and worse on my laptop.

4168430650_686cd86dbd_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back