What's new

A Long Island Stream

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 9, 2011
Messages
2,211
Reaction score
164
Location
Long Island, New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been living on Long Island for more then 50 years, and finding a river with running water is a major deal. Ok, so to most of you it's a stream. But it's all we have. I was up early this morning as it was overcast, so I headed out to the Riverhead town park where the Peconic River flows right though it into Peconic Bay. Here's the fastest running water I found. ;) :D


Riverhead Park 044 by joelwillstein, on Flickr


Riverhead Park 038 by joelwillstein, on Flickr
 
There's no streams on Long Island? Huh, learn something new every day (I've never been there).

I like the first shot, I personally would crop the bottom 1/3 off, maybe into a panoramic view, but it's a nice shot as it is too.
 
It's actually as I said, classified as a River. Across the street is the inlet to Peconic bay, and it's wide, and deep enough for some pretty big boats.
 
Joel, I like #1.. the color of the rock and the way it contrasts with the moving water is nice! Good shot!
 
Charlie, thanks so much for your positive insight. Pic #1 is by far my favorite too. Pic #2 kind of shows those who aren't familar with LI the massive type rivers we have here :lmao:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom