A loose cannon

DReali

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This lady walked past a booth which was promoting some "Christian Friends of Israel" organisation....... She lost it, I mean completely lost her marbles. Apparently she wasn't a fan of Israelli politics.

IMG_2546copy.jpg

IMG_2547copy.jpg

IMG_2549copy.jpg

IMG_2562copy.jpg

I thought I'd let everyone know the reasons behind the emotion in these photos but would like people to refrain from turning this thread into a political discussion, all I want is some feedback on the photos.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
touchy... very expressive photos! man your brave taking those! unless journalism is an interest of yours

Wow, she looks pissed!

The third one is great.

Dani
Thanks Dani
touchy... very expressive photos! man your brave taking those! unless journalism is an interest of yours
PJ is not my main interest but I love street photography. If a journalism job came my way though I certainly wouldn't hesitate, it is one of my dream jobs. Thanks 1080!
I feel bad for any guy who dates her... crazy shots. I would never think about doing that haha
Thanks Big! I doubt she has a boyfirend and if she does he must be a very submissive person:)
Wow, she looks pissed!
Indeed!

I really like #4, but would crop out the lady on the right. Just my 2 cents worth...

Great captures on all of these. I'd say you were quite brave to shoot someone so obviously angry...if she had decided to turn on you, you could "really" have been wearing your camera around your neck. :lol:;) Good job! :thumbup:

I love #4. Was she yelling at you for shooting her (looks that way)? I absolutely love it! You're a great street photographer.

I really like #4, but would crop out the lady on the right. Just my 2 cents worth...
Thanks raslacker, I had thought about cropping the lady on the right out but I decided tht she gave nice contrast and context to the scene. Kind of a beauty and the beast thing :)
Great captures on all of these. I'd say you were quite brave to shoot someone so obviously angry...if she had decided to turn on you, you could "really" have been wearing your camera around your neck. :lol:;) Good job! :thumbup:
Thanks Dagwood! I've found that having the balls to shoot strangers in the street is half the battle to achieving good photos, the closer you get the better. It's one of the most exciting things I do.
People are people so why should we be afraid of them, Photographers are people too aren't they?;) I'm not saying we shouldn't have any precautions but if you actually try to build some raport with them (even a simple smile) they don't seem to care and sometimes are even flattered, being friendly with them usually goes a long way. That said, I suggest choosing your subjects wisely, the above works on most people but I don't recommend photographing thugs or homeless people. I never shoot the types of people that have nothing to loose or something to prove without their permission.
I love #4. Was she yelling at you for shooting her (looks that way)? I absolutely love it! You're a great street photographer.
She was not, I was standing right next to the guy she was yelling at. Keep in mind that I'm using a 50mm 1.4 prime and therefore have no zoom capabilities so I was only a few feet (2-3)from her the for first 3 shots, I literally could smell her breath! I was clicking away furiously at the shutter and she didn't have the faintest idea I was there, not once did she even look at me. She was so caught up in what she was saying that she wouldn't have notice an elephant walking down the street next to her.
Thanks so much for the compliment Fleix I really appreciate such kind words!

awesome shots man. You really captured some emotion there. I even said "oh S#!t" when I saw her face.

Most reactions

Back