A.M.P.A.S February 27, 2005

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Well... The wife is a currently at the local Academy party (they bet on the Oscars). Personally I think the Academy is a bunch of racists. Judging from the popularity of the movie threads some one must have a view on the awards or whatever. Post it!!!

Personally I am auditioning for Death of a Salesman in 25 hours. I love theater a lot more than films. Push up ya lighters for Sydney Lumet who (if I remember correctly) gets an Honorable Mention for life time Achievement of producing really really good scripts.

Break a leg! Definitely let us know how it turns out for you!

Zach :D

Actually, we didn't watch it. I don't think we even saw any of the nominated movies this year. Best of luck on your audition!

Good luck with your audition first off :) As for your question, I'm a huge film and television fan. I find it very intriguing for various reasons. Anyway, I think the awards are pretty unfair in a way. I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby yet, or the Aviator, but both are said to be fantastic. I was really hopin that Martin Scorsee (spelling?) was gonna finally get his moment. Sort of like when Peter Jackson was jipped out of Lord of the Rings. I was glad to see that Jamie Fox won for his performance in Ray. Yet it seems that there is a lot of bias in the whole matter. I like to watch just the last hour and catch the more important stuff (not to say that it all isn't, but it's just boring). The best part was probably seeing Clint Eastwood's 96 year old mother there, he looked as old as she did. I could care less about the best and worst dress stuff, but one thing I think might help things. I know that they save the huge awards for the end, but maybe they should move them up so all the drunk celebs don't make complete morons of themselves :lol:

I think the awards are unfair on some levels, but at the same time I don't think you can call them racists. Jamie Fox and Morgan Freeman won, Chris Fox was the host, Clint Eastwood, and Hilary Swank both won, as well as different Latin American people that I didn't recognize for other things. So it doens't seem to be based on race IMO...

First off, good luck with the audition. That happens to be one of my all time favourite plays. Wow, I miss theatre and acting...

As for the Oscars, I'm sorry to say I love the entire thing. I really couldn't say why. It has nothing to do with the stars (they tick me off, all sobbing and getting grumpy because the music cuts into their speeches - how long does it take to say thank you?), I'm not interested in what everyone is wearing. I love all the awards that go to the people behind the scenes.

In particular, my favourite award is for Best Original Screenplay - someday I shall be up there accepting my little Oscar for that very award. Yeah yeah, I'll keep on dreaming!

Well... My audition was terrible. I will spare the details. Not due to lack of encouragement. THANKS!!!

I picture the Academy as a bunch of old "fuddy duddies" Hollywood has been changing for years. The scope of motion pictures goes beyond big budget star studded epics. That is obviously a little general, but you get the point.

What do I know? I can not even get apart in "Salesman". I feel uncomfortable when the rich and famous pat the backs of the rich and famous. May be that I am jealous?

Most reactions

Back