A MESSAGE TO MODS. IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE

bapp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dear moderators and webmaster for TPF,

I am a new member of the forum and I am very happy to be here however I do have a certain gripe.

Before I start I wish to make it clear that I am in no way attempting to disrupt the style of the forum or upset anyone. I just feel that something needs to change.

The problem I have is simple. It attains to the section called Photographic Discussions. When I clicked on It for the first time I expected to find a multitude of interesting threads on photographers and their work. This certainly is not the case. Instead we find things like:

How do I promote sales for this Cage Fight?
Why is my local camera store so much more expensive?
Finally getting rid of the 18-55mm kit lens
Why buy a Mac?
Different exposure...different skin tone?

Again I stress it is not my intention to upset the people who have started these threads but should they really be in a section called photographic discussion??

This is the description of the section:

"A place to discuss what photography means to you: your influences, ethical challenges, abstract ideas, and other non-technical matters about photography and photographers".

This description sounds fantastic but unfortunately we do not get what it says on the tin!!

Ok enough rambling, I am simply asking for one of two things.

1. This area is checked and cleaned up and turned back into what it was originally intended for.

or

2. A new area is created, for people like myself wish to discuss Photography, Photographers and Inspiration.

I hope my message gets across and I hope we see some change for the better.

Please, any comments welcome for ideas and support.

Brian.

check out this thread also

Thanks, I'll post it there also I just thought it should be in the section I was talking about.

<stands up on soapbox>
What gets MY goat are people who complain that thhings are not going the way THEY feel it should, yet comtribute... NOTHING (at a mere 43 posts).

Merry Christmas.

</stands up on soapbox>

<stands up on soapbox>
What gets MY goat are people who complain that thhings are not going the way THEY feel it should, yet comtribute... NOTHING (at a mere 43 posts).

Merry Christmas.

</stands up on soapbox>

Thanks Jerry very helpful.

I'm not complaining for the sake of it. I merely want to see more discussion about "Photography" and a area specifically for that type of discussion. If you don't want to partake that is fine. No need to bad mouth my efforts for change.

As for the number of my posts, I have only been a member for 4 days Thats 11 a day and anyway what does it matter it's quality not quantity

Thanks Jerry very helpful.Thats 11 a day and anyway what does it matter it's quality not quantity

Darn, I guess you all get what you wanted all along, I'll quit posting for another year and a half. Maybe I'll get down to the required limit again.

Dear moderators and webmaster for TPF,

I am a new member of the forum and I am very happy to be here however I do have a certain gripe.

Before I start I wish to make it clear that I am in no way attempting to disrupt the style of the forum or upset anyone. I just feel that something needs to change.

The problem I have is simple. It attains to the section called Photographic Discussions. When I clicked on It for the first time I expected to find a multitude of interesting threads on photographers and their work. This certainly is not the case. Instead we find things like:

How do I promote sales for this Cage Fight?
Why is my local camera store so much more expensive?
Finally getting rid of the 18-55mm kit lens
Why buy a Mac?
Different exposure...different skin tone?

Again I stress it is not my intention to upset the people who have started these threads but should they really be in a section called photographic discussion??

This is the description of the section:

"A place to discuss what photography means to you: your influences, ethical challenges, abstract ideas, and other non-technical matters about photography and photographers".

This description sounds fantastic but unfortunately we do not get what it says on the tin!!

Ok enough rambling, I am simply asking for one of two things.

1. This area is checked and cleaned up and turned back into what it was originally intended for.

or

2. A new area is created, for people like myself wish to discuss Photography, Photographers and Inspiration.

I hope my message gets across and I hope we see some change for the better.

Please, any comments welcome for ideas and support.

Brian.

check out this thread also
I appreciate your sentiments. My suggestion to you, however, is not to ask the moderators to evaluate every thread posted and judge its accuracy for the forum in which it was placed. If you will review the FAQ's, you will note that it is not the function of the moderator team to attempt this. We try to be reasonably laid back and allow people to do the best they can - unless others demonstrate something better.

So, in short, be part of the solution. :thumbup: Lead by example. I look forward to seeing your posts and participation in the Photographic Discussion forum. Thanks, and I hope you continue to enjoy TPF!

<stands up on soapbox>

Merry Christmas.

</stands up on soapbox>

This post made me laugh out loud.

He is not complaining that things are not going the way he feels they should, rather, he is complaining that threads that bear little relavance to the forum they are in exist in such a place. This is bad for all forum users, as it adds to confusion and makes the forum messy.

Secondly... you're judging his right to complain on the number of posts he's made? Do you even realise the sheer stupidity of that statement? Anyway, for the time he's been a member he has made many posts, and is clearly serious about this forum if he has bothered to upload an avatar, customise etc. etc.

you're judging his right to complain on the number of posts he's made?

Post-wise I think I am one of the handful around here who has any right to complain... And I have no complaints :mrgreen:

Now let's not all get hot and bothered and start taking each other to task just for voicing an opinion. We are all entitled to hold one and voice it without things getting personal.

I am glad that people see it in the dual manner that I meant it as.

Yes I was being humorous, the soapbox thing always cracks me up... but I was serious about the fact that it always seems that the people that complain the most did the least to rectify the very thing that they are complaining about.

Perhaps instead of complaining... one should DO something about the quality of his posts. Instead of bitching, how about opening up a "pertinent" discussion in a "petinent" location or the quality of the posts?

Instead of looking and waiting for specific kinds of discussions, they could start a thread on the very thing they wish to discuss... OMG, what a novel thought! Kinda ironic that this thread was moved for not being in the right place either.

Someone needs to take their own advice. ;)

I was serious about the fact that it always seems that the people that complain the most did the least to rectify the very thing that they are complaining about.

I really do not see how the number of posts made has any bearing on a member's right to voice an opinion.
Ten posts or ten thousand - if you feel something could be improved then make it public and let the debate begin.
Which is what is happening here. So it would appear that he is doing something to rectify things. ;)
Now, try not to get personal with your comments, please.

yea i agree we always listen to suggestions... its not like the poster had nothing but complained with his 43 posts, like is being made out here. He has contributed to the forum well.. now he has a suggestion... thats all there is to it.

As for the original 'Its time for change' idea... change scares me... doesnt it all men? :confused:

;)

Most reactions

Back