A model and friend

Roy Hubbard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.royhubbard.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are from a casual shoot I did the week before last. I thought I'd share, and welcome any comments, questions or critiques.

563038797_QVHXv-M.jpg

563064015_AEXFt-M.jpg

563076590_fwswy-M.jpg

563134169_n2tbQ-M.jpg

563133735_xX8ks-M.jpg

She looks very tense and as if she is trying to hard.... However your focus is great and very sharp. Good DOF also. Im not liking that you cut off the top of her head in several of them, maybe a little too close on the crop. Also I would have liked to see a little more PP on her skin to make it more smooth. #5 is my favorite, #4 is my least.

Overall good photos on your part!

I prefer # 5 out of them all, except her jewellery is distracting.

I would also clear her skin up. It's like you didn't do any finishing with your shots.

It can be harder to shoot darker skin tones because they show the glare more than lighter tones. The result is that it looks like she has really oily skin. Here is where some powder before the shoot can really help.

We sometimes get grooms to put some powder on...it beats trying to fix the hotspot in a couple hundred photos.

i disagree with smoothing her skin out, it makes them look much more natural, it gives the shots texture

i am aware of her skin tone....it looks fine in photographs...but i think they are all in low-key...in some i wanted more lighting on her face....very charming...thanks.

from the rest 4th is great....with fine expression...in others she is rather silent spectator than a model.

i disagree with smoothing her skin out, it makes them look much more natural, it gives the shots texture
I know what you mean, but smoothing can also preserve textures, it's just...smoother. You're probably thinking about those photos that are way overdone and end up looking like wax people.

Thanks for the comments. I totally know where everyone is coming from with the skin texture comments. There was actually lots of correction done on actual blemishes, but I really wanted to try and preserve as much of her natural complexion as possible. I kind of like it better this way.

I like black as photo subject.

For me its easier to edit and put effects.
Skin softness is also important but could be handled by photo editor heheheh.

thanks

Most reactions

Back