What's new

A month with the D7000

laffles

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
42
Reaction score
1
Location
London
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some of the best photo's I've taken since getting my first DSLR - I'd love some feedback!

66755655.jpg


unled1zs.jpg


annedit.jpg


68703564.jpg
 
All are good, except the first one...... the subject is too dark and has a pipe running through her ears.
 
it's a gate ;) but thanks for the crit I might lighten her up a bit, I kind of liked the lighting on her but I guess it's subjective, thanks again :)
 
:greenpbl:
 
Im looking for a new camera and the D7000 is the one Im looking at. I like the results I see here. Low light produces little noise -- correct?
 
yeah, it handles low light situations very, very well, it's on par with the pro bodys according to what I've read.
 
I didn't mind the lighting the first one too much myself...nor the fence. I think the photo and your model look great :)

I don't really know what I feel about number two. It's also highly symmetrical and I'm not sure it works for that (unless that's what you were going for).

3 is good, but this time the background does seem a little distracting/busy to me (especially around the subject's face).

4 is pretty good.

But I'm just a noob here!
 
Personally, I enjoyed all of them, even though they are not my style. The first looks like Tim Burtons "alice in wonderland." It's magic hour, the color is warm but her skin tone is blue. Very much like the coloring of that movie.
 
Thanks man, yeah it really does have an Alice in wonderland vibe about it :)

here are 2 photos from today, I don't want to make another thread for them, love some comments on them :)


barmanl.jpg



kidet.jpg
 
The girl in the first one has an ethereal quality to her. She looks like she should be in a Renoir painting. The gate doesnt bother me, the framing does a bit and I think you could use a tiny bit of fill on her face to warm it up. Some excellent shots for your first month with it. I would also say try to play with your composition a bit more. You seem to tend centered horizontal shots. Flip that baby vertical too. Gratz on new gear.
 
she does :) , she is my little sister, I think that she makes 90% of that photo to be honest, If it was anyone else I doubt it would have the same impact as an image.

I agree about my composition completely, and shall try taking more vertical shots :) - Thanks a lot for the kind words mate.
 
Here's another 2

sweepaed.jpg


rastamanr.jpg


Would love some critique :)
 
I like them. I would love a D7000. Keep on taking great pics.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom