A New Addition

Candor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I guess I should introduce myself before I begin bugging you with my questions. I suppose you will need something to call me. Candor is suiting, or you may call me Rae. It's not my real name, just a nickname I've aqquired over time. I'll be turning sixteen soon. I'm currently going through insanity - I mean high school. Well, I shouldn't say that. I have some pretty amazing classes. One of them just happens to be photography. Unfortunately, something happened to the teacher. So now we're stuck with a clueless substiutute. I have a Minolta Maxxum 3xi. It's aged (but don't say that around Max, it'll hurt his feelings.) You're probably wondering what I'm talking about. No, I am not insane. I just happen to be creative. A friend of mine was joking around one day and picking on my camera because it was having a spazz moment. So I made a comment about hurting his feelings. She looked at me like I was crazy and I told her that Max was very sensitive to critisism. Oh the fun I have. . .

My photography class is barely funded. We get the low end stuff, but I can't complain. But the 'possessed' enlarger has us all convinced that our darkroom is haunted. At least we have a photography class. We're all beginners, and without our teacher there we haven't learned much. We learn what we can from the books we have on hand and the internet. That's why I have joined this site. I'm hoping I can find answers to some of the confusing things the photography class has come across.

I've always wanted to be a photographer. I really want to start taking pictures of horses. Right now I use my dog and just whatever I come across. It's not the best, but I still don't exactly know what I am doing. I've scanned some of my pictures that I have questions about, but I'll wait until later to post them.

P.S. - I forgot to mention I have a sarcastic side. I tend to be straight forward with the truth, hence my screen name. Just thought I'd warn you.

good for you. don't give up, read and practice and hopefully a new informed teacher will appear on the sceen and be helpful.

He used clear words... Not internet speak. He wrote paragraphs...

I like him :)

Welcome to the forums :)

Hope we can help you somewhat :p

Well, this 'he' just so happens to be a 'she'.
(Well, this is according to the last time I checked. :lmao:)
Sorry for the confusion.

Lasershot: I cannot stand internet speak. It shows how lazy people truly are.

I got the gender question right off the bat, but I'm assuming JIP was referring to the font you used in the OP. Thanks for using the norm in your response. Only speaking for myself, old, tired, slightly inebriated and tired eyes find it much easier to read this font.

Welcome to TPF.

I hope you find us friendly here. Post your photos.

Excuse me for my gender assumption! :p

Candor: Yes, it really does show that we're lazy :p Also, if you don't mind me asking, what part of the US or wherever do you reside?

Lasershot: I cannot stand internet speak. It shows how lazy people truly are.

tru dat! itz alwys lik 'lawlz i b new 2 dis 4um whz up yo?'

Haha, just kidding. Welcome to the forum and glad to have a good typist. Have fun with photography. Also have fun turning 16 soon (not too much fun!).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back