Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
large.jpg

Gaaaaah!!! That's a 'friend' you shouldn't trust! He's looking at you, thinking 'with a little bearnaise sauce, he'll make a nice entree'

I like the shot....the splashes of colour by the red leaves is a nice break to all the green (sorry, Lafoto!), and then one's eye moves down and sees the croc doing its log impersonation. Nice reflections in the water too. Was this from your Everglades trip?

stunning swamp shot.....hope ur nw friend didnt mind him being photographed....lol

Yep it’s from my late outing, I’ve been out to Clyde Butcher's gallery twice in the last 30 days for fundraisers for two parks that are part of the Everglades environment. It's a day trip out and back for me about 4-6 hours round. I’ll likely be going out for his Labor Day weekend (8/30-9/1) open house.

I’m not sure why those trees are red. Saw a few red leafs and they did not look burned to me.

Last edited:
Jeff, any estimate on how long was your friend? I'd guesstimate six feet, but it's hard to tell

Yikes! And that's why I hate florida..:( Except Disney!

Jeff, any estimate on how long was your friend? I'd guesstimate six feet, but it's hard to tell

Oo err. It's fun to take comments out of context.

Great shot. I love how the brighter grasses in the bottom right lead you to the croc. I'd never have spotted him without that lead-in.

Yikes! And that's why I hate florida..:( Except Disney!
Don’t hate Florida, alligator are just like most wild animal if you are not stupid and there are no babies or nests near by they will flee or intimidate before attacking. Took this out the car window I’m sure if I had open the door he would have swarmed off

Arty, 6 ft seems about right to me too; next time I will take tape measure[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Don’t hate Florida, alligator are just like most wild animal if you are not stupid and there are no babies or nests near by they will flee or intimidate before attacking. Took this out the car window I’m sure if I had open the door he would have swarmed off

Did you see what you wrote ... wild animal... Jeff, honey I'll stay in NY and freeze my butt off come winter. I'm not moving to florida even when I get old. It's not cool to possibly find that swimming in your pool that's gated or not, sipping on a margarita. ...:lol:

There is a photographer that gets in the water with alligators. He lives down in Fl. I'll see if I can find his work...it's STUNNING.

Nice shot of the swamp

^^^
Yep it’s from my late outing, I’ve been out to Clyde Butcher's gallery twice in the last 30 days for fundraisers for two parks that are part of the Everglades environment. It's a day trip out and back for me about 4-6 hours round. I’ll likely be going out for his Labor Day weekend (8/30-9/1) open house.

I’m not sure why those trees are red. Saw a few red leafs and they did not look burned to me.

def not the kind of friend that i would want to have, but great shot!

Most reactions

Back