A photo edit challenge, Please?

blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My cousin LOVED this pose of her with her horse, but I can't get past her face. Can someone sharpen her face, or the image? I also want to add it to my "portaits" album on Flicker, but I can't bring myself to do it with this soft focus. I'm pretty new to editing.

Any other flaws you see feel free to fix.

autumn3.jpg

Unfortunately, no amount of sharpening can fix an out of focus face. Can you try to reshoot?

Unfortunately, no amount of sharpening can fix an out of focus face. Can you try to reshoot?
Yes. She was just so in love with this pose I wanted to fix it for her :( . I just got a new camera, I hadn't even been able to play with the settings for 5 minutes before they wanted a photo shoot. Ive also never attempted portraits before so I knew they werent gonna be great. I got 2 photos I was satisfied with, but she just Loved this pose and so did her boyfriend I was hoping to save it. I guess not.

Too out of focus, reshoot it, it was shot at 1/10 you will never get a sharp image at that speed unless it is still life and cameraa is on a tripod

Yeah, you need to re-shoot :) Here is my quick edit though just for fun!

6587640867_e06d5f6ea0.jpg

Good job on the edits. Looks "better". Should I give her one of the edits, or still one for the bin?

Or take it the other direction. Try and turn it into a whimsical faux painting.

Something like this:
i-mPBNXnD-M.jpg

Because then, the soft focus does not matter.

Or take it the other direction. Try and turn it into a whimsical faux painting.

Something like this:
i-mPBNXnD-M.jpg

Because then, the soft focus does not matter.

How was this done? Live Trace? Some type of blur tool?

Bin it! lol I just wanted to say that. Learn your camera, reshoot and everyone will be happy :)

3 layers in PS, I used two of the artistic filters, and adjust them, then blended with 50% opacity.I then used the original photo on top with a layer mask only revealing her face at 25% opacity to make her more recognizable.

definitely a reshoot. But the pose was good. You need to use the light better though.

6592303247_56ff4731c2_b.jpg

follow advice of the other posters, get it right on camera and processing will be easy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back