A Pretender...

One Sister

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know this is definitely not the caliber of the others in this thread but I'm feeling courageous at the moment: This is a drive-by on my way out of New Orleans a few months back. Lens flare; yea or nay?

tomb.jpg

I'm sorry but deffinately nay on the lens flare. This picture is much better with out it.

Thanks, I suppose it's just another attempt to add schlock to a ho-hum picture to buzz it up some...I'm posting it without flare here...but it's still ho-hum. I need to get back out there and post myself across from this monument and wait for the nice light. Problem is traffic. This was taken in low light driving by. At least I wasn't driving...but I've done that too (YIKES!). I just don't want to get arrested for DWP :wink:. It's a little dangerous to get where I'd like to be and not get smooshed...I have a really good camera :lol:

tomb2.jpg

When I had my first digital camera (compact one), I played with it a lot and also took quite many photos out of a driving car :)oops: even when I was the driver, cough-cough, but don't let on, since this is such a bad example!), but today I find hardly any of them is worth a second glance. If you really like a spot and want to get a well framed, not totally random, photo of said place, you must go there, stop, get out of the car, and compose properly.

And the PS addition (first version presented) makes things worse much rather than any better. The intention to "add some pep" is just too obvious, and I find the effect is cheesy to the max. (I think so in general, not about your photo here, mind).

You're right, of course. I posted it mainly because of the fire-like sky behind the Firemen's Charitable Organization's monument in the cemetery. Technically not good, but the light just made me think FIRE. Hmmm...have y'all done a fire challenge yet??? :)

Most reactions

Back