Dikkie2 1
No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Joined
- Nov 20, 2005
- Messages
- 1,005
- Reaction score
- 359
- Location
- Belgium / Brussels
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Question for photographers (if any out there):
Can you just enjoy watching your environment, without the constant urge to take a photo of it?
Can you leave your photo equipment at home for one time when you go out? Can you deconnect?
Today I was outside while commuting to work and while waiting on my train I saw beautiful coloured trees, autumn is back... My immediate response was 'grab your phone, take a picture'... but then I thought: 'oh come on, can't you just enjoy the view, without taking a photo of this? without feeling the urge? can't you just be here in the moment'.
When I look around on those moments and see all other people doing something else, not having the urge to take a picture, but just be around there. What are they thinking, are they consciously enjoying the moment or just letting it pass by without noticing?
Have you experienced this already too? How did you think about it, how did you deal with it?
Would you still be able to go on a citytrip or a safari or whatever experience without taking photographic equipment with you?
I tried to imagine this, and the experience would be so different.
I sometimes have the feeling that while being busy looking through a viewfinder, I'm missing much other things happening around. I recently went on a citytrip where I was constantly shooting things, while I now think I could have better enjoyed it more mindfully, not being occupied with my camera all the time.
It's because after more than a couple decades having a camera with me, it has become so attached that it feels difficult not having it with me.
On days when I don't have a phone with me, I feel like missing something when there's something happening around.
Can you just enjoy watching your environment, without the constant urge to take a photo of it?
Can you leave your photo equipment at home for one time when you go out? Can you deconnect?
Today I was outside while commuting to work and while waiting on my train I saw beautiful coloured trees, autumn is back... My immediate response was 'grab your phone, take a picture'... but then I thought: 'oh come on, can't you just enjoy the view, without taking a photo of this? without feeling the urge? can't you just be here in the moment'.
When I look around on those moments and see all other people doing something else, not having the urge to take a picture, but just be around there. What are they thinking, are they consciously enjoying the moment or just letting it pass by without noticing?
Have you experienced this already too? How did you think about it, how did you deal with it?
Would you still be able to go on a citytrip or a safari or whatever experience without taking photographic equipment with you?
I tried to imagine this, and the experience would be so different.
I sometimes have the feeling that while being busy looking through a viewfinder, I'm missing much other things happening around. I recently went on a citytrip where I was constantly shooting things, while I now think I could have better enjoyed it more mindfully, not being occupied with my camera all the time.
It's because after more than a couple decades having a camera with me, it has become so attached that it feels difficult not having it with me.
On days when I don't have a phone with me, I feel like missing something when there's something happening around.
