A quartet of Devils

Terrier

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been waiting the best part of a year or more for these 4 to behave themselves long enough to get a reasonable group photo. They finally cooperated and stayed like this for about 10 seconds before Molloy and Moorina had a bit of a snarling match and broke up the party. Clockwise from bottom left, Molloy, Pink, Moorina and Daphne Devils.
4 Devils.JPG

They may look docile and innocent but they can be a bit of a handful at times. Apart from feeding this was the first time I had seen all four interacting.

4 Devils 2.JPG

I saw a bunch of them in Tasmania back in 2016 while on vacation. Cute little creatures, but mean. Nice shots

G'day Jeff

I'll leave Terrier to answer .... but as a fellow Aussie, these delightful critters only exist in-the-wild on Australia's South Island that us mob call "Tassie". Their very powerful jaws can break the major leg bones of (dead) cattle and they do a beaut job of clearing up lots of road-kill from along the highways

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

These 4 are surplus to the breeding program, the girls have all had litters of Joey's and Molloy has sired some so their genetics are back in the system. They are too old for release to the wild so the breeding program let us have them on permanent loan. We are a private enterprise and in exchange we are responsible for their accommodation, feeding and vet care, we feed them and display them once a day and give visitors a bit of an education on the species, so in reality they come to us to retire and live out their twilight years in peace.

Most reactions

Back