A question for those who've tied the knot...

In the Church whilst we were signing the register we had a local church group play "Ave Maria" The girl singing it was amazing!
Ava Maria is such a beautiful song. Although I get sick of most of the other Christmas songs played endlessly at this time of year, Ava Maria always makes me pause and listen.

I didn't have a big wedding, just a group of us at the county courthouse when I got married, and my reception was a few games of bowling, so there was no first dance. They did however play a bunch of rap songs... :er:

But I think the best first dance song that I've heard/seen at a wedding was at my best friend's wedding. Her first dance was to "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica, and it just fit perfectly for them.

have i told you lately that i love you.....................van morrison

My cousin's was Into the Mystic. I thought that was effin fantastic.

A close runner up for us was "when you say nothing at all" by Allison krauss
That was mine...I love Alison Krauss and always wanted that song but we hummed and hawed about it because so many of our family & friends also used that song.

Another really good song (my wife's sister used it) is 'Lost Together' by Blue Rodeo. They are a Canadian band, so I'm not sure how many of you may have heard it...but it's a perfect song for a first dance.

We also used "At Last" by Etta James. After postponing our date so many times it seemed to fit.

I really wanted "The Nearness of You" by Norah Jones, but I was afraid we'd never have a moment years from now hearing the song somewhere in public and feeling all sentimental and mushy. So we used the Norah Jones song for the last dance of the reception.

We didnt have any music. My husband and I arent really the whole white wedding, fussy dancing around in a mirange dress and tux kinda people.

We didnt have any music. My husband and I arent really the whole white wedding, fussy dancing around in a mirange dress and tux kinda people.

table for two at Burger King was it?

Most reactions

Back