A question?

Blossums

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.

I have a question/request for you all.
About a week ago I shot a picture but I'm still not really happy about it because I want the colours different.

img7408zv2.jpg

As you can see it's in black and white but I want the flower in her hair blue (and maybe the lips red)

img73052wy7.jpg
(this blue)

Can somebody help me how I can do this?

What you want to do is known as "Selective colouration". There are a few different ways to do this, (If you Google the term, you'll come up with lots of tutorials). I use the fill/erase functionality of Nik Colour Effex, a Photoshop plug-in application, however you can also do it with layers by creating a duplicate layer of the original coloured image, and converting it mono, and then erasing the parts that you want to see in colour (Again, Google for tutorials, there are many good ones, and it's far too much to explain in a simple forum post).

Just as an aside, the colour you've chosen for the rose is not going to work very well because it's so similar to the mid-range tones (grey) in your mono conversion. Selective colouration has the greatest impact (generally) when there's a small amount of very vibrant colour applied to a sharp, constrasty mono image. So, a bright red rose would work, or bright red lips, bright blue eyes, etc.

Most reactions

Back