A Screenwriter's Portrait- in studio

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My housemate Darnell is currently completing a writing fellowship with HBO, and hired me to take his bio portrait. My caption for the image taken from my instagram post: "Summer is never over in California because Darnell Brown never stops bringing the heat" :p

Lit with a single Neewer C-300 flash unit with a rectangular softbox attached and a silver reflector for fill. Shot using a Canon 5D with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens attached set to f/9, 1/200th sec, ISO 100.
_MG_6680_1.jpg

Excellent, appropriate light, great thoughtful pose.

Wow, that's an impressive fellowship that not many writers get to do. Congrats and good luck to him.

I like this portrait - lighting of course is perfect, and the pose, though different, is reflective of a thoughtful/introspective nature that is the hallmark of a good writer. Job well done, to both of you.

What a fun shoot this must have been. :)

Wow, that's an impressive fellowship that not many writers get to do. Congrats and good luck to him.

I like this portrait - lighting of course is perfect, and the pose, though different, is reflective of a thoughtful/introspective nature that is the hallmark of a good writer. Job well done, to both of you.

What a fun shoot this must have been. :)
Thanks Terri! It was pretty fun, although challenging because Darnell hates having his pictures taken.

Most reactions

Back