A Shoe in the dark ( light paint )

i am really happy about the result, looking forward to hear your opinions.
when you say you're really happy with the result, you put other people in not so pleasant position, if they don't agree with you.

I personally can't give you a valid opinion because I'm viewing this on a crappy computer, but just wanted to say that if you're happy, that's all it matters

except... I'm curious, why the composition like this?

You are right, gonna edit the post, psst so noone notices...

edit: I tried to take it to the first third of the image

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you were going for here...for starters, the rule of thirds is a guideline, not a printed in stone rule, there are times when it works to break it; like when you have a single object on a sea of black. In the first and second image you could crop off the black on the right up to the edge of the grass, however the space should actually have been on the left in the direction in which the shoe is facing. The third image would work better as a square crop in my opinion. As far as commenting on the lighting itself, that's difficult because I don't know what exactly you intended, what mood or look you were going for.

Nice first attempt. Now try something larger so you can really get the light moving. Here it is not much better than a snoot on a flash.

I like the first shot. The lighting is dramatic and it keeps me interested. What exactly was your intent here? Were you just doing a light study? If the picture was to have some deep meaning behind it, I'm not feeling it. Something that might give the shot a little punch of emotion is maybe using a child's shoe. Lay it on it's side? An upright shoe doesn't present any questions...one laid over makes you wonder why...gives it a what happened feel. =)

Thank you all for your input.

Dagwood you are right in everything and i will think more before i go take next pictures.

Designer, i am planning to take pictures of cars in night

Mischele, thanks and exactly as you said, it was more of a light study and thank you for your brilliant ideas :) Might try something similar !

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back