a spider macro (c+c please)

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4093058691_16001394d7.jpg

:) C+C please!

To me personally...for macro...it needs to be REALLY close. To me thats not macro, but i could be wrong.?

Not a macro. Macro = real life size. No/little background. The subject pretty much fills up the shot.

u could use "macro" and take a picture from something 50ft away. that doesn't classify it as macro though. honestly, it just looks like a snapshot of a spider to me.

yep, its a spider, sorry but nothing impressive unless I was Spider Man.

blackb!rdphotography

Well a few people have said its not a true macro shot, but not really given you much on the why. Essentially a true macro shot is one where the image which is reflected on the camera sensor by the lens is the same size as the actual subject is in real life - so a 2mm large spider would be 2mm on the camera sensor. Thus the term 1:1 - a magnification greater than this (ie where the image on the sensor is larger than real life) would be 2:1 (for twice life size and so on).
However the term macro has crept into the general use by marketing divisions for zoom lenses and there are a few zoom lenses which carry the macro lable but which do not achive 1:1 magnifcation (most are around 1:2 -half lifesize- and some are worse at 1:3)

On true macro lenses (prime lenses) there will be magnification markings on the lens itself so that you can see what magnification you have achived, most other lenses lack these markings.

Now on to hte shot itself and firstly if you are after good C+C I encourage you to read the first link in my signature and remember that the more info you put up with a shot the more constructive the feedback you are likley to get - the more you give the more people can give back. So before I comment on the technicalites of the shot I would really like to know the shooting mode, settings, gear and lighting you used for this shot

Most reactions

Back