What's new

A "stacked" rose. C&C welcome

USM IS

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 4, 2010
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A three "stack" photo. Using Apeture 3
3D8V0613.jpg
 
can i ask what was the purpose of 'stacking' these photos?? - what did you hope to acheive
 
Isn't stacking suppose to help get a sharper close up of an image?
You got a lot of detail, but its really soft.
I personally like to see a bit of background around a close up like that..but that's just my preference.
 
I like it but what does a "stacked" photo mean?
 
Here is a link to "focus stacking"...im not sure if its the same as what the OP was doing though...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJiEw4VCcYU[/ame]
 
Stacking is used in macro photos because the DOF is so shallow. It is a number of different pictures taken with slightly different areas in focus so either the entire image is in focus, or the entire subject, rather than just a small portion.
 
Between photobucket and here. Is dead sharp on my monitor. I stack to get depth of field. The 180mm has none, even at F/32.....Mike
 
Between photobucket and here. Is dead sharp on my monitor. I stack to get depth of field. The 180mm has none, even at F/32.....Mike

I'm glad you said that. I find that happens to me sometimes. Is there anyway around it?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom