What's new

A touching experience!

joemc

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 14, 2009
Messages
296
Reaction score
8
Location
Ft Lauderdale
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The following few photos was a paying gig and they really opened my eyes to the real world.

These photo's were taken for the Holocaust museum in Miami Fl.

Six million Jews....Twelve million humans lost their lives during this atrocity.

I am not here to make any political statements... Just report on the musuem and how it touched me.

The first shot was taken with my Nikon D300 and my 17-55 lens.

It is called "The tree of life"




But... I felt passionate about trying to capture this correctly I drove 45 miles back home to better capture the last two shots? I felt I could better isolate the feeling with my 85 1.4 lens.

The second is called "Help"




The last photo is by far my favorite photo I have ever taken.

It is entitled "Reaching out but Fading fast" It shows a statue of a little girl reaching out with the look of terror on her face!! I wanted only the fingertips to be in focus and the rest of her fading into history to help show the reality of the time..




Comments and suggestions welcome
 
Last edited:
Oh my goodness. Now, I'm just a noob scrub, but these really get to me. Very nice. Keep up the great work.
 
Very powerful. That was a dark time in history.
 
There is another place I went to (didn't have camera with me) that will give you cold chills when you see it - has anyone here ever been to the National POW Museum at Andersonville, Ga. Not just a Museum for Civil War, but for American POW's of ALL wars.

Just about the most moving place I have even been to.

To me, it was more impressive than the Smithsonian in DC, because of what it represents.

Sorry for the hijack, joemc.
 
Thanks for the comments.

I know what you Mean Patrick.... This place gave me the chills.

Here is another shot
 
Last edited:
Wow. That's....wow. #2 gets me the most. Talk about haunting!
 
I think number 3 hits me hardest. Really, really strong.
 
Hey Joe those pics are off the chain.

Where is this museum? I want to go.
 
Thanks again for the comments... This one is entitled "The dark side of life"
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom