A Used Zoom Lense Below $400

Thaash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I am buying an 50mm 1.8 and a zoom lense for my EOS 50D body. I do not know yet which lense I should buy. It can be Canon, Tamron, Nikkor or Sigma. Its important that the price must be under $400. I thought that I will buy a used zoom lense. Looking forward to some of your ideas.

My purpose with the zoom lense: Everything, it should be a general walk around lense with decent quality (I know L lenses are the best but I do not want to pay so much money now)

How about the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. In the used market, the fair price is $300 - $350.

How about the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. In the used market, the fair price is $300 - $350.

my firend, who has been a photographer for 30 years, told me that Sigma is a better quality.

Would any of you recommend the Sigma 18-50 2.8 Macro lens?

my firend, who has been a photographer for 30 years, told me that Sigma is a better quality.

Would any of you recommend the Sigma 18-50 2.8 Macro lens?

Most sites that have tested the 17-50 Tamron and the 18-50 Sigma opine that the TAMRON is the better-built, better performing lens...the Sigma 18-50 has earned a reputation as a not so good performer...mostly mechanical issues...
I'd really go with the Tamron on this one...

Most reactions

Back