What's new

Lens for FUJIFILM X-S20

EugeneK

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 8, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Israel
I'm beginner in photography and I'm going to use FUJIFILM X-S20 with two lenses: one zoom and other fix lenses.
Which of these lenses do you recommend for me or maybe there are other ideas?

One lens from: Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD vs. Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
And
One lens from: Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C vs. Fujifilm XF 50mm f/2 R WR

I understand that they differ in aperture, but these lenses are in the same price category.
So when I choose a lens, first of all I look at the budget I can spend.
 
I'm no pro so tthis is worth what you paid for it. I shoot a Nikon 7000 and mainly use one lens, a Tamron 10-200. For the f stops, if I need less than 18 then I need a flash. A.d if I need more than 22, well, can't imagine it being that bright out and taking picture's.

I have never felt the need for less than 18mm, maybe have and simply didn't know it. And if I need more than 200, I have a Nikon 55-300 I use once in a while. also have a 170-500 Tamron I seldom have a need for. I'm a big believer in the idea that zoom lens give you a huge advantage, every thing from start to finish is covered. Lot less walking around to get the right shot. But I do walk around looking for the angle I like best!

I look at a lot of photo's on facebook and most are aright but poor positioning in my mind to show off the subject and tell a story at the same time. One photo sticks in my mind is of a barn. But way in front of the barn is a cow and looks like the cow was focused on. Add nothing to the photo! Actually distracts from the barn for me. In a lot of other barn photo's and house photo's, the primary object takes up the whole frame and no story to be told!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom