A Very Expensive Joke On Us.

no living in a free country with the expected levels of security coinciding is a near impossible task. The money spent itself in attempting it allows the terrorists to win they would love to bankrupt us. They kill thirty in brussels we spend another hundred million we cant win this type of war while maintaining freedom and any sense of open border policy. And remember those that would trade security for freedom deserve neither. If we are that concerned over it lets just put more money into bombing anyone in the middle east or any country for that matter that looks like a threat and bring back the napalm. Trade the tsa for napalm.

It's called,"complacency".
Gotta say though,the pic of the Nat Guards/Army in Penn Station is a fraction of what's really there.
NYPD takes this **** VERY seriously and has more undercover in that tunnel than you'd ever be able to comprehend.
I saw a guy get tackled ,wrapped up and dragged into a room, in way less than a minute a year or two ago.
A security guard in Rock Center? Not so much.

I thought Zumwalt.

no living in a free country with the expected levels of security coinciding is a near impossible task. The money spent itself in attempting it allows the terrorists to win they would love to bankrupt us. They kill thirty in brussels we spend another hundred million we cant win this type of war while maintaining freedom and any sense of open border policy. And remember those that would trade security for freedom deserve neither. If we are that concerned over it lets just put more money into bombing anyone in the middle east or any country for that matter that looks like a threat and bring back the napalm. Trade the tsa for napalm.
While there is much truth in what you say, the overwhelming problem these days is the expectation of freedoms with out taking the responsibility for having them.

While there is much truth in what you say, the overwhelming problem these days is the expectation of freedoms with out taking the responsibility for having them.
i cant help it i'm simple and over two decades later i cant come up with anything better than "lets just kill em"

i cant help it i'm simple and over two decades later i cant come up with anything better than "lets just kill em"
Better yet, though it is now to late in this instance, let's as a country take responsibility for how we act and not create the environment for these problems in the first place. Not everyone in the world wants to be like us, as hard as it is for most Americans to see. Not every society in this world wants our form of democracy.

Better yet, though it is now to late in this instance, let's as a country take responsibility for how we act and not create the environment for these problems in the first place. Not everyone in the world wants to be like us, as hard as it is for most Americans to see. Not every society in this world wants our form of democracy.
this isn't about that.

"The idea however, must have intrigued the monarchs, for they kept Columbus on a retainer. But their focus was on a war with the Muslims and Columbus would have to wait."

http://www.biography.com/people/christopher-columbus-9254209#first-voyage-to-the-new-world

but it actually goes before even that consider istanbul Constantinople as well when they say they hate america and want the return of the islamic state what do you think that means? Not all of course but enough. It was the same then had friendly muslims in spain and then the "others" its just a thousand years later

It started long before the time of Columbus.

Now I feel like I'm smoking weed .

watch some of the vids of the demonstrations in other countries against the u.s. by some of these people yelling death to america or the mosques preaching about us infidels and ridding the earth of us and you will prolly realize it isn't just a handful of people here more like hundreds of thousands or a million with million other cheering them on that are pacifist but want a islamic state as well. Nothing new though been that way for years just the internet made if viral in the last twenty. The soviets were their hatred in the seventies i think they were prolly burning soviet flags saying death to the soviets then...

well, i guess they still suicide bomb the soviets too so maybe they never quite stopped with that...

watch some of the vids of the demonstrations in other countries against the u.s. by some of these people yelling death to america or the mosques preaching about us infidels and ridding the earth of us and you will prolly realize it isn't just a handful of people here more like hundreds of thousands or a million with million other cheering them on that are pacifist but want a islamic state as well. Nothing new though been that way for years just the internet made if viral in the last twenty. The soviets were their hatred in the seventies i think they were prolly burning soviet flags saying death to the soviets then...
Oh,I definitely didn't mean the weed comment that way.
Just that the discussion was getting a little off kilter,and there was some deep thinking that's all.
I'm in Manhattan every single day from December till April,and periodically throughout the rest of the year. I'm well aware that most of the world hates me and I never let my guard down.

I'll take it a step further and venture a guess that a lot of people in my own country think that I'm an arrogant loudmouth because I'm From New York.
That doesn't scare me either.

Most reactions

Back