A Very Expensive Joke On Us.

I heard if you hire more firefighters, you get less fires.

Now I feel like I'm smoking weed .
watch some of the vids of the demonstrations in other countries against the u.s. by some of these people yelling death to america or the mosques preaching about us infidels and ridding the earth of us and you will prolly realize it isn't just a handful of people here more like hundreds of thousands or a million with million other cheering them on that are pacifist but want a islamic state as well. Nothing new though been that way for years just the internet made if viral in the last twenty. The soviets were their hatred in the seventies i think they were prolly burning soviet flags saying death to the soviets then...
Oh,I definitely didn't mean the weed comment that way.
Just that the discussion was getting a little off kilter,and there was some deep thinking that's all.
I'm in Manhattan every single day from December till April,and periodically throughout the rest of the year. I'm well aware that most of the world hates me and I never let my guard down.

I'll take it a step further and venture a guess that a lot of people in my own country think that I'm an arrogant loudmouth because I'm From New York.
That doesn't scare me either.
yeah new yorkers suck but we dont want to suicide bomb you no worries.
And President Obama declares that we will do everything to help Belgium bring the ones who did this to justice. Imagine the Nazis have just blitzed London. Now try to imagine Roosevelt saying, "We will do all we can to help bring those pilots to justice." It is hard to win a war when you can't recognize or admit you are in one.
I THINK we did actually avoid getting into that war at about all costs the u.s. had a isolationists policy then didnt it? Wasn't until it had no choice it became involved. Pearl harbor then suddenly we were in it right?.
You are absolutely right. We did everything we could not to even antagonize Hitler, including keeping Marty Glickman and other Jewish runners from competing in the Olympics in Berlin, because they had a good chance of winning, refusing a ship of Jewish refugees and sending them back to their deaths, etc. I was trying to make the distinction between treating these terrorist acts merely as individual criminal acts, rather than as acts of war.
i think spain burned them at the stake in the center of the villages in public executions. Granted that was a long time ago. . Just sayn.
Just a footnote: In 1992, on the 500th anniversary of the edict giving Spanish Jews the choice of "leave, convert or die," Spain apologized with ads in the NY Times and other places, and invited the descendents of those who fled to return to Spain. There was no airline ticket included, so I took a pass on that offer. A note on the note: Turkey was one of the countries that took in Jews fleeing from Spain, and there is still a community there dating from that time. Long memories . . . and so back to photography!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back